Precor’s Premier Treadmill with 23 Programs & 4 User Profiles
Precor’s cream of the crop for 2013 is the 9.35 treadmill.This unit is fit for a whole family: It has a safety lock, four user profiles with password protection, a ten-year parts warranty, and 23 preset programs with heart rate monitoring to suit all styles of treadmill training. Some other highlights are an incline/decline, Precor’s patented footplant technology, and variable cushioning. These features are described in the review below.
What We Like:
- Footplant technology: Precor’s patented Integrated Footplant technology responds to the way you plant your feet when running. To reduce your sense of drag, sensors help adjust the treadmill track hundreds of times per second. This eases the demand on your body and helps you better exercise your heart and lungs.
- Track cushioning: Precor’s advanced cushioning is called Ground Effects Impact Control technology. Instead of having uniform cushioning throughout the track, Precor treadmills feature extra firmness where you push off and extra cushioning where you land. Compared with running on the road, you’ll feel less fatigue and will be less likely to suffer an injury.
- Track incline: Incline training has become a popular way to make the most of treadmill workouts. The Precor 9.35 treadmill track tilts up to 15% to help you recruit more muscle tissue, burn calories more rapidly and relieve pressure on your knees. It also declines by 1% and 2% to stimulate different muscles and help replicate outdoor training.
- Motor: A quiet motor is essential to pleasant treadmill workouts at home. All Precors have discreet, commercial-quality 3.0 HP continuous duty motors with ten-year warranties.
- Workouts & feedback: Profiles can be saved and password protected for four users. As for workouts, the treadmill’s manual mode plus 22 preset programs provide excellent variety as your family members work on physical endurance, weight loss and heart health. The presets include five heart control programs, four interval programs, a calorie goal workout, a distance goal workout, a fitness test and more. A user-friendly LED screen displays multiple types of workout data at once, including not-so-common feedback such as segment time and personal best.
- Low maintenance: Choose a Precor treadmill for easy care. The welded frame and silicone-coated track will bring at least a decade of maintenance-free or no-maintenance ownership.
- Reversible deck: The deck can be flipped to have double the lifespan.
- Warranty: The Precor 9.35 is sold with a lifetime frame warranty, ten years of parts protection and one year of labor.
What We Don’t Like:
- Medium track length: The 56” track length isn’t long enough for tall runners, except perhaps when they use the incline. On the other hand, the track is extra-wide (22”) to accommodate broad trainees and the entire Precor has a user weight capacity of 400 pounds.
- Heavy weight: This product weighs 360 pounds and won’t be fun to handle on moving day, if moving day is in your future. Precor does include delivery and assembly in the product price.
See more features of the Precor 9.35 Treadmill on Video!
The 9.35 is no doubt one of the best home treadmills on the market. We’re hesitant to award five stars because the price is rather exorbitant; for $5000 we almost expect the treadmill to provide a post-workout shower and rubdown as well. But if you’re looking for equipment that will support a household for many years, this is it! You’ll love the feel of this treadmill – the unique track enhancements won’t go unnoticed — and the ample programming will keep boredom at bay. Besides all that, extra features like personal best tracking and an incline/decline add to the Precor 9.35’s appeal. Our verdict: Put this model on your short list if you have the cash. Otherwise, the 9.27 might be the best Precor for you.