What sets this series apart from others is its focus on both comfort and personalization. One of the top features of the Energy™ Series is the special shock absorption system that uses Precor’s own Energy Stride ™ Technology. This technology uses a deck mounting system to offer underfoot cushioning tailored to your individual stride by reducing impact on areas where you need it the most.
It’s easier to set and track fitness goals when you have precise information tailored individually to your needs, and Precor offers features to help you achieve your personal objectives. For example, the built-in SmartRate® Zone heart rate tracking program not only gives you feedback on your heart rate as you run or walk; it also categorizes this feedback into one of four groups (warm up, fat burn, cardio and high), and then displays this feedback on an easy-to-read visual scale. In short, there is no guess work on whether you are working out in the appropriate heart rate zone for your desired results so you can better achieve your individual fitness goals with more precise and exact data.
What We Like:
- Advanced Comfort Features: Energy Stride™ Technology offers quality shock absorption by allowing the deck to conform to your personal stride, delivering optimal support to areas of the deck where you need it most. This feature is ideal for joint support while running or walking.
- Motor: Featuring a continuous duty 3.0 HP motor, the highest performing motor on the market, means that the horsepower is maintained throughout the workout for a steady, durable motor that will endure workout after workout. This motor is incredibly quiet, smooth, and long-lasting.
- Deck: While this model has a shorter deck at 57 inches long and 20 inches wide, it is also more compact and therefore easier to use in smaller spaces. The belt is made with multi-ply polyester coated with dry silicone lubrication, meaning no maintenance necessary. Precor also features a PVC non-slip surface for increased safety.
- Incline/Decline: Most treadmills offered at this price point will feature inclines of up to 12%, but the TRM 211 has an incline of up to 15%. And while there is no decline option, with an incline this steep, users can easily achieve hill runs and interval training at steeper grades.
- Warranty: Precor offers an impressive lifetime warranty on the frame, along with a five year warranty on parts.
Precor TRM 211 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 15%|
|Running Area:||20" x 57"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||81" L x 32" W x 54" H|
- Console: The TRM 211 is designed with a basic blue and white LCD screen, but this model is not compatible with either Android or Apple devices, and there are no audio or entertainment options. The console area is also smaller than other models, so there’s less room to store your device or other accessories.
- Workout Programs: There are only 6 preset workout programs featured on the TRM 211. Unlike other models in this series, the 211 does not include any personalized user IDs to store individual user workout data.
- Frame: This model does not have any handlebars, making it difficult for stability, which can also be a safety issue for some.
- Max Weight: The max user weight for this treadmill is up to 350 pounds, which isn’t bad, but most high performance treadmills have a weight capacity of 400 pounds or more.
- Deck: The average deck length is around 60 inches so this deck comes in with a shorter than average deck at 57 inches, which can be a problem for taller people or users who want to do sprint training.
The Precor TRM 211 is a nice entry level treadmill if you are looking for a durable machine for daily use. Precor is known for commercial grade residential treadmills that are equipped with powerful motors and impressive warranties, so as a whole this treadmill is a good choice and a smart buy. However, it may not be the best option for you if you are looking for more advanced entertainment or audio options for the price, or additional features that allow you to store and track personalized workout data.