Precor TRM 243 Review
Precor’s Energy™ Series line of advanced treadmills is designed to offer optimal comfort and unique personalized features. Built with the same features you would find on a treadmill in the gym, the TRM 243 is the top of the line model in the Energy™ Series of Precor treadmills.
What set’s the TRM 243 apart from other treadmills in the series is it’s impressive number of workout programs built right into the spacious console area, and it’s exceptional fitness and data tracking capabilities that are personalized to your specific needs. This model offers users easy to read workout results in the form of a large display screen that is divided into sections to keep personal information and other readouts separate. This makes for an attractive interface that is sleek and designed with the user’s experience in mind.
The operating system on the TRM 243 is also incredibly smooth and quiet, with a powerful 3.0 HP continuous duty motor and durable deck made with thick multi-ply polyester that operates separately from the frame for increased stability and safety. delivering gym quality results right at home with Precor’s durable, economically sound frame.
What We Like:
- Advanced Shock Absorption: The TRM 243 is designed with an advanced shock absorption system called Energy Stride™ Technology which allows the deck to conform to your personal stride to deliver optimal support to areas of the deck where you need it most. This feature is ideal for joint support while running or walking.
- Motor: Featuring a continuous duty 3.0 HP continuous duty motor, the highest performing motor on the market, means that the horsepower is maintained throughout the workout for a steady, durable motor that will endure workout after workout. This powerful motor is known for being incredibly quiet and reliable.
- Console: A new 7 inch LCD color touchscreen is both attractive and easy to use. Workout feedback matrix are easy to read with level indicators to show workout intensity, and lever-style motion controls set the intensity levels shown by the indicators. The 243 is also compatible with Apple devices and the Preva® app to upload workout results and store data. Android devices are not compatible for use with the audio player, but can be charged with the built-in USB.
- Workout Programs: With 23 preset workouts built right in, the 243 allows users to work multiple areas of the body, achieve fitness goals like fat loss or muscle toning, and test your endurance with fitness tests. In addition, users can get personalized results using one of the four personal user IDs available with this model. Users can save workout data and tailor their workouts to meet specific goals.
- Deck and Running Area: While this model has a shorter deck at 57 inches long and 20 inches wide, it is also more compact and therefore easier to use in small spaces. The belt is multi-ply polyester with dry silicone lubrication, meaning no maintenance necessary. PVC non-slip surface for increased safety.
- Warranty: Frame lifetime, 5 years Motor & Parts, 3 years Console, 1 year Labor
- iPod®/iPhone® Compatibility: Full audio control (play/pause, track forward/backward, volume up/down/mute) and charging
- Storage: Water bottle and accessory pockets
Precor TRM 243 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 15%|
|Running Area:||20" x 57"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||81" L x 33" W x 59" H|
- Heart Rate Monitoring: While this model features the touch sensors and telemetry heart rate monitoring capabilities, the wireless heart rate monitoring chest strap is not included.
- Frame: The powder coated steel frame is attractive, but not built with a solid steel design. The handlebars are shorter than other treadmills in the series as well, which can be a problem for taller people or users who like to use the handlebars while walking or doing incline intervals.
- Deck: The average deck length is around 60 inches so this deck comes in with a shorter than average deck at 57 inches, which can be a problem for taller people.
- Price: While the TRM 243 offers an impressive console, there aren’t too many differences in the more inexpensive models in this series, so for $3,499, the price is a bit steep when compared to others in the series.
The Precor TRM 243 treadmill is an elite trainer, and Precor rarely disappoints on the design and durability of their machines. This model offers innovative personalized options and impressive workout programs to keep boredom at bay while achieving fitness goals, and it is well-built, durable and incredibly quiet. All of these factors make the TRM 243 ideal for in-home use.
As an everyday treadmill for anyone looking to lose weight, build muscle, or just get fit, the TRM 243 is a smart choice that won’t disappoint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it necessary to have a mat under it if it’s on carpet?
Treadmills are heavy and can damage carpet. Putting a mat under the machine not only protects your carpet, but it also prevents dust from infiltrating the motor.
Is it possible to somehow connect the TRM 243 to my TV to get audio?
Since the Precor TRM 243 console audio can be fully controlled on iPod and iPhone including play/pause, track forward/backward, and volume, you could integrate the television for audio through Apple TV.
Is it childproofed with an option for a passcode to be able to operate?
Although inactive by default, the Precor TRM 243 console is equipped with password protection that can be set up. Refer to the “Setting Up Your Equipment” section of the manual.