ProForm 6.0RT Review
ProForm is owned by the fitness retailer giant Icon Health and Fitness. It’s a fairly reputable brand, known for reliable machines. The 6.0RT is one of their most inexpensive models, selling for a mere $599 at retailers like Sears. This bargain-priced model is lightweight, compact, and features a folding frame design. A good choice for shoppers seeking a basic, low cost, and reliable model that won’t take up much space. Perhaps not an ideal treadmill for more serious trainers though.
The drive system on the 6.0RT is equipped with a 2.5 CHP Mach Z Motor, with a 300 pound weight capacity. The tread belt is 18″ wide and 55″ long, designed with TreadSoft Cushioning for joint support and stability. This model features a power incline up to 10%, and speed controls from 1 to 10 mph. As noted above, it also provides a convenient folding frame that uses SpaceSaver technology.
The console includes a small LCD display window that gives the basic workout readout stats, as well as two cup holders, 8 built-in workout programs, and a speaker. To make changes to the incline or speed, you can choose from the Quick Incline/Quick Speed controls or the traditional up/down arrow keys. There is a dual-grip sensor built into the handlebars to keep track of heart rate. All the basics are covered with functionality valued over flare.
The warranty on this model includes 90 days on parts and labor as well as 5 years coverage on the frame and motor (not bad!).
What We Like:
- Folding Design: While this model has been criticized for not folding up enough (only to about 60 or 70 degrees), it is still able to fold it up and slip somewhat out of the way. As with many other inexpensive models, the 6.0RT uses SpaceSaver Technology.
- Frame: Although it’s not the best quality, this model is still designed with a steel frame. It’s a very compact and lightweight frame that is easy to maneuver.
- Price: ProForm typically offers treadmills that are pricier, so it’s nice to have an inexpensive model from a more well-known brand like ProForm. This model retails for just under $600.
ProForm 6.0RT Treadmill - Key Specs:
- Display Screen: Obviously we wouldn’t expect a full color touch screen display on a treadmill at this price, but the LCD screen is still pretty small and tough to read in the middle of a workout.
- Speed and Incline: This model tops out at 10 mph and offers incline up to 10%. This is not terrible if you are purchasing this model for solely walking, but it takes away from the overall versatility of the machine with such limited speed/incline options.
- Lacks Cooling Fan: This is a basic feature that even pretty cheap treadmills will offer. This console area is pretty spacious so there is plenty of room for ProForm to have included even a small built-in cooling fan.
- Warranty: You only get 90 days coverage on parts and labor with this machine and 5 years coverage on the motor and frame. Most of the time, you will get at least lifetime coverage on the frame, but not with this model.
- Running Area: This is a compact model, so you have to sacrifice some comfort features like a spacious, large running area. This model is designed with a fairly short and narrow running belt at 18 inches wide and 55 inches long. That will affect durability.
If you are going to choose a ProForm treadmill, they have many other models we would highly recommend. Their treadmills aren’t too pricey, so for a little more money you can get a treadmill that will last longer than the 6.0RT. This is really a treadmill designed for walkers, so don’t plan to use this machine for anything else. If you need a recommendation of other ProForm models that might offer better bang for your buck, check out the ProForm Pro 2000. It’s still a folding machine and under $1,500, but with vastly superior quality and versatility.
- July 13, 2021: Added some FAQs to the page.
ProForm 6.0RT FAQs
What is the best alternative to the ProForm 6.0RT?
The best alternative to this treadmill is the ProForm Power 995i. Make sure you read our full review of the ProForm Power 995i, linked above, to see why we have chosen this treadmill as the best alternative.