What We Like
- Low price: This treadmill retails for just $1199 and can be found for less online.
- Workout programs: Twelve programs are built into the console. Trainees also get a Custom Weight Loss Center that lets them choose from 250-600 calorie workout programs. An innovative Custom Workout Center lets people pre-set a workout’s time, minimum speed, and maximum speed. Additionally, an iFit card reader is built into the console. iFit cards are sold separately and each includes eight weeks of personal training for performance, weight loss, and other goals.
- Audio: The treadmill is iPod-compatible with an included cable and features an Intermix Acoustics sound system.
- Track: The track has standard measurements of 55”x20” and has a 0%-10% automatic incline. AIRTECH™ track cushioning combines firmer support zones at the take-off portion of a stride and a softer support zone for landing.
- Motor: The 690 LT’s commercial-grade Mach Z 2.8 CHP motor helps make it an upgrade to the straight Power 690. It comes with a standard 25-year warranty.
- Compact design: Like other ProForm home treadmills, the 690 LT has a SpaceSaver design: it folds vertically for storage.
- OK warranty: The 690 LT is sold with a 25-year warranty on the frame and motor plus a one-year warranty on other parts and a year of in-home labor.
The 690 LT gets noticed for having remarkable power and program variety for a budget treadmill. The one-year parts warranty and guarantee of in-home labor is better than average for a machine in this price class.
This machine is equipped with a commercial-grade motor and great entertainment, but it’s sold for much less than luxury treadmill models. The ProForm 690 would be a good investment for beginning exercisers and serious athletes alike. Slight drawbacks include the shorter track length and a short warranty on parts.