ProForm Power 990
What We Like
- Compact Design: Each treadmill in the ProForm Power Series lineup features a SpaceSaver design for easy storage.
- Motor: The 990’s 3.0 CHP Mach Z Commercial Pro Motor is self-cooling and remarkably quiet. It helps the machine to support up to 325 pounds and reach a top speed of 12 mph.
- Workout Programs: With a built-in iFit card reader, the 990 is equipped for countless workout updates. Each iFit card contains eight weeks of virtual personal training: users listen to a real personal trainer and the treadmill automatically adjusts its incline up to 12% to support user specified workout goals. Sixteen standard workout programs are also built into the console.
- Heart Monitor: The 990’s heart rate sensors are built into its handlebars.
- Audio Capability: The 990’s iPod-compatible audio port and rich Intermix Acoustics 2.0 sound system will keep any exerciser entertained.
- Cushioning: Adjustable ProTech cushioning reduces the impact on runners’ joints by a substantial margin.
- Warranty: ProForm’s Power Series treadmills come with impressive warranties. With the 090, customers get a lifetime frame warranty, a lifetime motor warranty, and a year on other parts and labor.
What We Don’t Like
- Track length: The 990’s track is best suited to walkers and shorter runners. It’s a mere 55” long.
ProForm’s Power Series delivers a strong lineup for 2010. The 990 includes the essentials of any great treadmill like a strong motor and a cushioned track, plus it’s loaded with extras. The iFit workout options and rich audio capability provide extra motivation to exercise. The 990’s warranty package instills confidence that the machine is built to last. If you’re a smaller exerciser (not tall or very heavy), then the ProForm 990 could be a great investment. Everyone else should seek out a machine with a little more room to flex and breath.