A very powerful drive system runs this treadmill, featuring a 4.25 CHP Mach Z Commercial Plus Motor that comes with a 300 pound weight capacity. The running area is extra wide at 22″ and pretty long at 60″ in length, resting on 2.5″ precision-machined, balanced non-flex rollers that reduce friction and add to the longevity of the deck and running belt. The belt is also equipped with ProForm’s own ProShox Cushioning for shock-absorption and joint support.
This model is a folding frame model, equipped with the patented SpaceSaver Design with EasyLift Assist. And despite the folding frame design, the Boston Pro 9000 provides both incline and decline capabilities, ranging from -3% to 15%. The adjustable motorized incline/decline can be changed with the touch of button, as can the speed using the QuickSpeed controls that range from 0 to 12 mph.
The console area provides all of the basics like an integrated accessories tray, two water bottle holders, audio system with iPod compatibility and two 3″ speakers, and dual CoolAire fans. In addition to these basics, users can enjoy a large 10″ full-color touchscreen web-enabled display that is iFit compatible and loaded with 38 built-in workout apps that auto adjust speed and incline depending on the program. To monitor heart rate, you can use the EKG heart rate monitor grip-pulse sensors or the chest strap for hands-free monitoring.
As with all other models in this series (the Pro 2000, Pro 7500, Boston Marathon 3.0, Boston Marathon 4.0), ProForm offers a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, 5 years on parts and 2 years on labor.
What We Like:
- Drive System: The Boston Pro 9000 offers the most powerful motor in the series with a 4.25 CHP Mach Z Commercial Plus Motor. This efficient electromagnetic DC motor is both powerful and quiet, ideal for in-home use and for runners who want to put lots of miles on their treadmill.
- Folding Frame: Equipped with the patented SpaceSaver Design, users can easily fold this frame up in just one step, and it securely stays in place until you’re ready to workout again. For a high-performance model like this one, it’s nice to have this feature.
- Program Variety: This model offers some of the most built-in workout apps on the market with 38 to choose from. With this many programs, it’s easy to find a program specific to your individual fitness/workout goals.
- Web-Enabled Display: The Boston Pro 9000 is the only model in the series that provides a web-enabled display. This model also provides users with the largest display screen at 10″.
- Incline/Decline Capabilities: It’s easy to simulate varying terrain with an incline of up to 15% and a decline of 0 to -3%. And with certain workout programs, or using iFit, the incline/decline will automatically adjust for you. This is a high-performance feature that is particularly attractive to runners and walkers alike.
ProForm Boston PRO 9000 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||-3% - 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||80" L x 39.5" W x 73.5" H|
- Weight Capacity: The drive system is the most powerful in the series, but the weight capacity is one of the lowest. While it’s nice to a powerful motor, usually that allows for a higher weight capacity of 400 pounds or so, so we aren’t sure why the capacity is so low for this model.
- Speed Offering: This is a common complain with this series as a whole. While the incline/decline options are great, the Pro 9000 tops out at 12 mph. For runners, we like to see speeds topping out at 15 mph.
The ProForm Boston Pro 9000 is a top choice if you want to go with a model in this series. It provides a high-tech console, high-performance features like a powerful motor, and comfort features like a spacious, supportive running area. For $1,799, you get a truly powerful, durable and reliable treadmill that is perfect for a runner’s needs. If you choose to purchase a model in the Boston Marathon Series of treadmills, we highly recommend the Boston Pro 9000.