What We Like
- SpaceSaver design: All treadmills in the ProForm Performance series can be easily folded to save space.
- Motor: The Performance 900’s 3.0 CHP motor is built to withstand heavy daily use. It supports a top speed of 12 mph.
- Track: The 56”x20” track is a bit longer than the 55” standard for cheaper treadmills. The track and deck feature advanced cushioning to reduce the impact of running by up to 30% compared to road running. The track can also be inclined automatically by up to 15%.
- Workout programs: Ten weight loss workouts and ten performance workouts offer plenty of variety. Additionally, the machine is wired for iFit Live and the NikePlus fitness app. Using their treadmill and a wireless Internet connection, users can run along Google Maps trails, customize fitness programs, train virtually with Jillian Michaels, and more.
- Heart monitor: Pulse sensors are included on the handlebars.
- Audio: The ProForm Performance 900 has an iPod-compatible audio port and an Intermix Acoustics 2.0 sound system.
- Fan: A workout fan is built into the console.
- Warranty package: Customers get a lifetime frame warranty, a 25-year motor warranty, three years of parts coverage, and a year of labor.
What We Don’t Like
As with most iFit-compatible treadmills, activating iFit costs extra. Anyone seeking a budget treadmill might not want to pay extra for an adapter and membership.
The ProForm Performance 900 is a powerful fitness machine for all but the largest runners. It offers excellent training variety, an automatic 15% incline, plenty of preset workouts, and the option to virtually run along Google Maps routes. That said, competition is stiff in the Performance 900’s price point. Certain Sole treadmills and Smooth’s popular 9.0 LC have similar MSRPs.