ProForm Premier 900 Review
Looking to get fit on a budget? The Premier 900 is an entry level treadmill in freshly updated series by ProForm. Designed with smart technology and premium performance features like a powerful 3.0 CHP motor, this machine won’t annihilate your wallet but will help you reach your fitness goals in style.
Experience comfort and convenience with a spacious running area of 20″ x 55″ and maintenance free tread belt. But don’t get too comfortable because you canÂ expect a serious workout with this machine thanksÂ to an incline range of up to 12 degrees and running speeds up to 12 mph! With these options, you’ll be able to easily target specific muscle groups and vastly improve your endurance.
What We Like:
- Convenient Folding Design: If you need to save space, then the Premier 900 has got your back. This model is equipped with the patented SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist technology, which means that you can fold up or release the treadmill with just one easy step. You never feel the fullÂ weight of the machine while folding either. The unique EasyLift design helps alleviate that weight with a unique hydraulics system.
- Advanced Shock Absorption System: Like other models in this series, the 900 provides both comfort and joint support with the ProShox cushioning system, an air-based absorption method that responds to your individual movement by changing the elevation of the deck on the fly. With this personalized system, you get the support you need while working the muscles of the lower body.
- Durability: A powerful 3.0 CHP Mach Z Motor keeps the Premier 900 running strong and it can withstand user weights of up to 325 pounds. The frame is also very solid and sturdy, despite the folding design. No shabby, shaky running decks here. This machine is built to last.
- Price: This model, on sale, retails for just $1299, which is thousands of dollars cheaper than ProForm’sÂ Premier 1300 model. There aren’t too many differences between the two models either. So if the Premier caught your eye and scared your wallet, the 900 is a solid compromise.
- Full Color Touchscreen Display: A spacious 7″ display that features a full color touchscreen. The workout readouts are also easy to read. If you have a subscription to the iFit program, you can easily view workouts in full color with this advanced display.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Monitoring your heart rate is very simple on this model with two options. You can use the dual-grip hand sensors located on the handlebars or the Bluetooth compatible EKG heart rate monitor feature for wireless heart rate monitoring (you must purchase the chest strap receiver separately). There are also heart rate-based programs that you can use to help you meet and reach those fitness and weight loss goals using your very own personal workout data.
- Incline: A 12% incline allows you to target those muscles of the lower body while also working on your endurance and calorie burn. With this incline, you can achieve interval training results for the most efficient way to burn calories.
- Fully Loaded Console Area: The console area comes with lots of easy to use comfort and convenience features as well as a full audio system. The one-touch QuickIncline and QuickSpeed controls make it easy to workout on the fly without interruption and the multiple comfort features like a two-speed CoolAire workout fan, dual water bottle holders, and an adjustable tablet holder, make working out fun. Finally, the audio system features Intermix Acoustics 2.0 Sound System which is smartphone compatible and comes with two built-in 2″ speakers.
- iFit Compatibility: Who doesn’t want to workout to programs designed by professional personal trainers? It’s hard enough to get motivated, so let iFit give you the motivational boost you need with unlimited access to a variety of workout programs. You can even create your own workout with the workout builder program or follow realistic routes powered by Google Maps. Additionally, all workout data can be synced to your favorite devices in an instant.
- Program Variety: In addition to iFit compatibility, you’ll get 30 built-in workout apps with this model. Especially for the price, that’s a lot options. You can choose from weight loss based programs to interval training programs and everything in between.
- Warranty: Few other brands will cover the lifetime of both the frame and the motor, but ProForm does! You will get an impressive lifetime warranty covering both the frame and the motor, in addition to 2 years coverage on parts and 1 year on labor.
ProForm Premier 900 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 – 12%|
|Running Area:||20” x 55”|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||68.11" L x 73.3" W x 35.74" H|
- No USB Charging Port: As with the 1300 model, this trainer does not offer you the ability to both charge and use our devices, so just make sure your devices are charged up an ready to go before starting your workout.
- Chest Strap not Included: If you want to use the wireless heart rate monitoring option, you’ll need to buy your own chest strap receiver. Wireless heart rate monitoring is the way to go, so we do recommend that you make this extra purchase to fully enjoy your treadmill.
- Water Bottle Holders: ProForm’s consoles are known for being very spacious with an open design, but the two water bottle holders on either side of the console are fairly small. You might not be able to some water bottles in these.
- Shorter Arm Rails: Many treadmills have this problem, but we like to see longer arms for both safety and ease of use. If you are doing sprints, or if you are simply tall, you might notice the shorter arm rails but it’s not an issue for everyone
If you are going to choose a treadmill by ProForm, the Premier Series offer fantastic options with a durable design that can fold for convenience. Whether you’re a newbie or a seasoned runner, the Premier 900 makes for a fantastic choice. It’s also the best buy of the two models in the series when you consider the price-to-features ratio. Just know that you will lose a little power with the motor and a few inches on the console area if you go with this model over the 1300. But if you don’t need those features, the Premier 900 is an excellent choice!