- The Pro 7000 Treadmill can handle daily use. It has a 4.0 CHP motor with lifetime guarantee.
- It can probably accommodate your largest family member; it has a spacious track and a 300-pound user weight capacity.
- The Pro 7000 offers excellent workout variety to meet diverse goals and interests. This variety comes from a combination of the automatic incline/decline, 34 built-in exercise programs, and the option to get infinite personalized workouts via iFit Live.
Note: The Pro 7000 Treadmill shows data on a 7″ LCD. The Pro 9000 Treadmill – which has a lower sale price – has a 10″ touchscreen. The 10″ screen is good-looking, but a benefit of the Pro 7000 might be its simplicity. With simpler electronics, less can go wrong.
What We Like:
- Track cushioning: ProForm uses Pro-Shox cushioning to help make exercise more comfortable. If you’re accustomed to running outside, then you’ll definitely feel the difference in terms of how your joints feel. Plus, when your body is absorbing less shock, it can be more efficient. Your endurance will be improved compared with running on asphalt or cheap cushioning.
- Built-in programs: The built-in program variety is extensive and easy to access. Thirty-four workouts help you reach goals for speed, calorie burn and endurance. Each can be started with one click; you don’t need to scroll through lots of settings.
- iFit option: This unit can connect to iFit Live using your home’s wireless connection. With an iFit Live subscription, you and up to three friends or family members can access customized treadmill workouts designed by certified personal trainers! iFit Live comes with many more perks too. For example, by sending your workout data to iFit, you can compete in treadmill races with your Facebook friends. You can also use a Google Maps app to set up walking/running routes. Your treadmill can automatically tilt upward and downward to mimic the terrain! Even more amazing, you can virtually experience the scenery as you move.
- Incline and decline: Using an incline and decline is an excellent way to boost your metabolic rate and get better muscle tone. The Pro 7000’s automated incline/decline ranges from -3% to 15%. As described above, this feature can be used to simulate actual outdoor exercise routes. It also works with the built-in workouts, which can each be used at different challenge levels.
- Track size: The Pro 7000 Treadmill track measures 60″ long x 22″ wide. This means it’s a bit roomier than most home treadmill tracks. Powered by a 4.0 CHP motor, it can support up to 12 mph.
- Folding design: To save floor space, you can easily fold the track upward using shock-assist.
- Display: The 7″ display is nothing fancy but gets the job done. You also have the option of easily using your own computer tablet during workouts; a tray is included.
- Wireless heart rate monitor: We definitely recommend getting a treadmill with wireless monitor. The Pro 7000 has a complete wireless system (chest strap included). It also has a grip system. By monitoring your heart rate, you can better understand how hard you’re working, and you can work at your ideal exertion level for safety and fitness.
- Music: The treadmill’s USB port make it easy to enjoy MP3s during exercise. You can also hook up your tablet computer and watch YouTube videos once you’ve selected a workout mode.
- Motor: The ProForm Pro 7000 Treadmill is powered by a commercial-grade 4.0 CHP motor with lifetime guarantee. It is spin-balanced to promote quiet operation.
- Warranty: Customers get a lifetime warranty on the Pro 7000’s motor and frame, five years on parts, and two years of service.
ProForm Pro 7000 (Folding) - Key Specs:
|Incline:||-3 to 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||80" L x 39.5" W x 63" H|
- Customer service: ProForm’s customer service department often gets poor reviews. For example, your customer service warranty will include two years of free repairs, but those won’t necessarily be timely.
- Assembly: Assembling an earlier version of this treadmill reportedly took the “average person” about two hours, working with a friend. It might be worth paying extra for set-up.
- Large size: This treadmill can be folded, but it still might be too large for your home. Its extended footprint is 73.5″ long x 39.5″ wide. It’s 80″ tall when folded.
The ProForm Pro 7000 treadmill looks like fun to own – and on paper it seems like enough machine to support a whole family for at least four or five years. However, since this is a new product, it might be wise to wait until it has been on the market longer. Let other customers see how it holds up!
A very similar product to use in price comparisons is the NordicTrack Commercial 2950. It is manufactured by the same parent company as the ProForm Pro 7000.