ProForm Pro HIIT H14 Review
Ready for a new kind of cardio trainer? We typically focus on treadmills, but ProForm’s Pro HIIT H14 is a treadmill alternative worth sharing. This total body trainer minimizes the risk of physical strain, while making calories disappear, sculpting lean muscle, and improving heart endurance. The electronic features are impressive as well, serving up a 14″ touchscreen, Bluetooth speakers and headphone connectivity, and water bottle holder. The new Pro HIIT H14 offers several training advantages over standard treadmills.
In terms of “joint friendliness” even the best treadmills pale in comparison with Pro HIIT H14. A risk of running outdoors or on a treadmill is the impact from each footfall, which often leads to injury and deflects from efficiency. While HIIT training, the lower body never loses contact with the machine. The trainee’s feet are constantly touching with smooth-moving cushioned pedals, so each stride is virtually zero-impact for comfort, efficiency, and enhanced endurance.
How does the whole body move with the Pro HIIT H14? Foot pedals move the legs vertically like a step machine, but with an ellipse footpath that is easier on the knees (twenty-six resistance settings are available for varying challenge levels). The upper body also gets a powerful workout with the energizing motions of boxing. It’s easy to use the trainer in manual mode, but plenty of motivating workout guidance is included. An excellent selection of training programs come built-in and personalized programs including virtual world tours with Google Maps can be downloaded via iFit membership.
What We Like:
- Total Body Training: Similar to an elliptical, the Pro HIIT H14 trains the upper body and lower body simultaneous. This makes the unit a more effective calorie blaster than a typical treadmill, while also toning muscles in the arms, legs, and core.
- Compact Size: This total body trainer takes up less space than a standard treadmill or rear drive elliptical. Dimensions are 52″ L x 29″ W x 66″ H.
- Unique (Upright) Machine Design: The 10″ vertical, 5″ horizontal elliptical path makes the ProForm Pro HIIT H14 half stair-stepper, half elliptical. Not only does the design take up less space, but it’s super easy to get on and off the machine.
- Resistance: The 26 resistance settings on this cross-trainer allow the machine to accommodate a wide range of ability levels.
- Preset Programs: More than 50 workouts are included to help trainees focus on weight loss, cardiovascular endurance, and other fitness goals. The workouts were all designed by certified personal trainers to maximize each training session.
- iFit Enabled: The Pro HIIT H14 is ready for use with an iFit membership. The many benefits of iFit membership include automated stats tracking, video workouts with celebrity personal trainers, interactive Google Maps workouts, and more.
- 14-Inch Touchscreen: A built-in full-color touchscreen can access exercise programs and workout stats. A ledge for supporting a tablet computer comes on the console as well.
- Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR): The patented technology ensures each of the 26 resistance levels are smooth, frictionless, and quiet.
- 30-Pound Drive: A 30-pound flywheel allows the HIIT Pro perform with the smoothness of a health club cross-trainer.
- Cushioned Pedals: The pedals on this unit are cushioned for comfort and are oversized to allow users to reposition their feet mid-workout.
- Smartphone Compatible: The cross-trainer has an smartphone compatible port and 2″ speakers for audio motivation.
- Multigrip Handlebars: U-shaped handlebars on the Pro HIIT H14 enable multiple grip positions. This makes it easy to diversify upper-body training.
- Console Extras: The built-in console fan has two speed settings and convenient console controls. The console also has a water bottle holder and a ledge for a mobile device or magazine.
- Warranty and Guarantee: The factory-direct deal includes a 10-year warranty on the Pro HIIT H14’s steel frame, two years on parts, and one year on labor. Online customers also get a 30-day money-back guarantee.
ProForm Pro HIIT H14 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Top Speed:||N/A MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||52" L x 29" W x 66" H|
- Intensity: A strength of this trainer is also a potential drawback. We love how it trains the whole body at once. Short workout sessions can be powerful, but casual exercise isn’t exactly an option.
- Assembly: This machine weighs about 200 pounds and is cumbersome to assemble. You might want to pay extra for professional set-up.
With impressive specs and a generous price/warranty combination, the new ProForm Pro HIIT H14 earns an enthusiastic review. This wouldn’t be our top choice for low-intensity rehab, but for more advanced fitness objectives with high intensity interval training, it’s a star. You’ll love the calorie burn rate during each training session and the exercise will keep your engine revved for hours after a workout. This high quality trainer is a great match for many of our readers because it’s gentle on the body, has many challenge levels, and uses workout time efficiently.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is ProForm's customer service?
There are multiple complaints of poor customer service, especially in relation to issues with shipping delays.
Does the ProForm Pro HIIT H14 have transport wheels to easily move the machine?
Yes, the front-mounted transport wheels make it easy to move the Pro HIIT H14.
Is the ProForm Pro HIIT H14 quiet?
The ProForm Pro HIIT H14 is equipped with Silent Magnetic Resistance that ensures each of the 26 resistance levels are smooth, frictionless, and quiet. Since your feet aren’t hitting a treadmill belt, it’s also quiet when you use it.
How does the ProForm Pro HIIT H14 compare to the ProForm Carbon HIIT H7? What are the major differences?
While the Pro HIIT H14 is more expensive, it has more features than the HIIT H7 model. For starters, the H14’s console is twice the size of the H7’s, and it also offers more resistance levels. If you can afford it, the ProForm Pro HIIT H14 has more to offer, but the ProForm Carbon HIIT H7 is a great alternative if you’re on a budget.