The ProForm Sport 5.0 is a low-priced home treadmill for walkers. The Sport 5.0 has a cushioned 55″ track, a top speed of 10 mph, a 10% power incline, and a capable 2.50 CHP motor to support comfortable strolling and power walking. Infinite workout routines are available through an iFit membership (sold separately). Connect the treadmill to iFit through your smartphone or tablet, which docks at eye level on the treadmill console. Some benefits of iFit include Google Maps workouts with Street View, high def video workouts, and advanced workout data tracking.
The Sport 5.0 shows data on ProForm’s new Watts Display. This display shows your exertion level to help you make the most of exercise time. The “Endurance” zone is good for a slow and steady workout. The “Tempo” zone indicates that you’re working at the ideal heart rate for fat burn based on your weight. “Peak” is the zone for reaching your safest cardio maximum. This display also makes interval training easy. Press “Work” for high intensity training and then hit “Recover” to slow the workout down.
What We Like:
- Incline: Get realistic training for outdoor routes and a calorie-burning boost with incline training. A power ramp facilitates exercise on an up to 10% grade. The steeper the slope, the more quickly you’ll burn calories. The incline is also helpful for muscle tone.
- Full track: This treadmill has a full 20″ x 55″ workout area for comfortable walking and jogging.
- Preset programs: Twenty treadmill workouts are included to help you focus on weight loss, speed, and other fitness goals. The 20 workouts were designed by a certified personal trainer and can control the treadmill’s track speed and incline.
- iFit enabled: Dock your tablet computer and let it serve as your iFit console. Download personalized workouts and virtually train anywhere around the globe with Google Maps workouts. The treadmill’s 10% incline will adjust to mimic real topography.
- Cushioning: Just like more expensive ProForm treadmills, the Sport 5.0 uses ProShox deck cushioning to minimize stress on your feet, ankles, knees, and hips. This reduces the strain of running by up to 28% compared to training on asphalt.
- Motor: The ProForm Sport 5.0 is powered by a 2.50 CHP motor.
- Watts display: The console has a round display showing your watts per kilogram. Easily monitor your energy output and see whether you’re in the zone for endurance training, tempo, or peak performance. The console screen also shows your mileage, speed, calorie burn, heart rate, and time spent exercising.
- Smartphone compatible: Speed up your tempo and help time fly by with audio entertainment. This treadmill has a smartphone compatible port and 2-inch speakers.
- Tablet holder: Make fitness time your work time or even enjoy a movie during exercise. A tablet computer holder secures your device at eye level.
- Workout fan: A two-speed fan helps regulate your body temperature for comfortable workouts.
- Folding design: The Sport 5.0 Treadmill can fold vertically for easy storage.
- Warranty: Customers get a lifetime warranty on the Sport 5.0’s motor and frame, a year on parts, and a year of service.
ProForm Sport 5.0 Treadmill - Key Specs:
What We Don’t Like:
|Incline:||0 – 10%|
|Running Area:||20" x 55"|
|Top Speed:||10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||72.3" L x 35.75" W x 56.4" H|
|Built-In Programs:||20 Workout Apps|
- Small rollers: The tread belt moves over 1.9″ rollers. Larger rollers would help extend the life of the track. Roller size is one of the main differences between discount treadmills and more expensive models.
- Assembly: ProForm treadmills typically take an hour or two to assemble, so you might want to pay for assembly.
- Warranty: The warranty is short. Sure, there’s lifetime coverage on the frame and 25 years for the motor. But parts and labor coverage expires after a year, which isn’t a good sign.
The ProForm Sport 5.0 Treadmill best for shoppers seeking a low price above all else. The big draw is that it’s iFit-enabled, which is rare for such cheap treadmill (keep in mind that there is a subscription fee involved and you’ll need a tablet to access the service). The Sport 5.0 has some lower quality parts, but serves well as a entry level treadmill at a reasonable price. It’s best for light walking with power incline providing some extra calorie burn.