With the Thinline Desk Treadmill you’ll get 40 workouts to target various fitness goals. Workouts can use the treadmill’s automatic incline and decline – letting you experience the ups and downs of natural terrain, right from your office!
For even greater variety with Internet benefits, you can get an iFit subscription. iFit includes some pretty amazing features such as letting you chart exercise routes using Google Maps technology.
This unit has 3 HP and can be folded vertically to free up floor space. Our only concern is that ProForm has failed to make a fuss about the cushioning. This treadmill is an absolute winner for walkers, but we’re not confident about recommending it for runners, who sustain stronger impact to the joints.
What We Like:
- No assembly: Virtually no assembly is required. When you unpack the box, you’ll just need to attach a brace in two steps. A no-assembly treadmill is a rare find! More often, a customer pays for assembly or loses an afternoon assembling it themselves.
- Free shipping: Shipping is included with the ProForm treadmill desk sale price. With many other treadmills, you’ll be charged another $200 or more to allow for delivery and set-up.
- Roomy track: Thinline desk treadmill tracks are 60″ long and 22″ wide. They have more surface area than typical home treadmill tracks, which measure either 55″ or 60″ long and 20″ wide.
- Incline and decline: The ProForm Thinline Desk Treadmill has a 12% incline and a 3% decline. This helps boost metabolic rate, and it brings even better muscle definition than you’d normally achieve.
- 34 workout apps: Get elite training with 34 workout apps designed by a certified personal trainer. Choose from high-intensity, speed, incline, and calorie-burn workouts. Navigation is easy and there’s a Quick Start feature too.
- iFit: The Thinline is ready for iFit whenever you are. If you buy a membership, iFit will virtually take you around the world. Tapping into Google Maps™, it will automatically simulate the rise and fall of actual trails. There’s even a high-def video workout with scenic coastal views. Plus, you can download unlimited workouts planned by Jillian Michaels and other professional trainers, digitally track your fitness progress, and customize your workout plan.
- Cooling fan: ProForm’s CoolAire fan is multi-speed and can also be turned off.
- Motor: The 3.0 HP Mach Z™ Commercial Plus Motor can handle up to 12 mph. It has a lifetime warranty.
- Size: This treadmill can be stored upright.
- Safety feature: To help keeps kids and pets safe, the ProForm treadmill desk can only be activated with a safety key. To help keep trainees safe, the key can be used with a lanyard. This will make the treadmill stop running if the user falls.
- Warranty: The Thinline treadmill desk has a generous lifetime frame and motor warranty, a five-year parts warranty and a two-year labor warranty.
ProForm Thinline Treadmill Desk Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||-3 to 12%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||54.9" L x 80.6" W x 35" H|
- Small rollers: The track rollers are slightly smaller than average at 1.9” in diameter. This isn’t the best choice for track longevity. At the same time, the track is two-ply, which is better than a single layer.
- Grip heart rate monitor: Grip heart rate monitors aren’t as accurate as wireless chest strap systems.
- Cushioning: Cushioning on this unit is certainly adequate for walking, which is what users likely do in the office. It might not be the best choice for daily running. You can reduce stress on your joints by using the incline though; it will shift body weight away from your knees.
Overall we’re impressed by the ProForm Thinline Treadmill Desk. It’s great for just about any walker and is one of our favorite compact treadmills. If it had more robust cushioning we’d give a full five stars in this treadmill review.