ProForm ZT8 Review
The ZT8 Treadmill by ProForm is a mid-range trainer that sells for just $1,000 and features a folding frame design.
The drive system has a 2.75 HP motor, the weight capacity is 300 pounds, and the frame is equipped with a ProShox Lite Cushioning Deck. This model is also a folding treadmill, equipped with the patented SpaceSaver Design with Easy Lift Technology.
The running area is 60″ x 20″ and the belt is 2-ply. Incline ranges up to 15%, which users can access through digital Quick Incline Keys or the traditional up/down keys on the console. There are also the same options to control speed, which tops out at 12 mph.
The console is equipped with a 6 inch backlit LCD display that is iFit compatible and pre-set with over 20 built-in workout programs designed by certified personal trainers. There are also audio features like a smartphone compatible audio port and two 2″ speakers. To monitor heart rate, there are dual-grip EKG heart rate sensors. Other features include a CoolAire cooling fan and two oversized cup holders.
The warranty on this model includes lifetime coverage on the frame and motor, 2 years on parts, and 1 year on labor.
What We Like:
- Program Variety: ProForm is known for their program variety and the ZT8 is no exception. This treadmill impresses with 24 pre-set workout programs that include fat loss, cardio, and performance programs, and more.
- iFit Compatibility: With a subscription to iFit, you’ll enjoy access to a nearly unlimited number of professionally developed workout programs. You can also create routes powered by Google Maps for a truly immersive experience.
- Running Belt: This model is equipped with a 2-ply commercial-grade belt. This means little to no maintenance is required and the belt that will last for many years.
- Folding Design: As with other inexpensive and compact models from ProForm, this treadmill is equipped with a folding frame that uses the patented SpaceSaver design with Easy Lift Assist.
- Incline: The machine offers an incline of up to 15%.
- Price: Getting a treadmill from a well-known brand like ProForm for under $1000 is rare and should not be taken for granted.
- Warranty: Lifetime coverage on both the frame and the motor.
ProForm ZT8 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 – 12%|
|Running Area:||20” x 60”|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||n/a" L x n/a" W x n/a" H|
- Display Screen: As with other inexpensive models from ProForm, the display screens are nothing to write home about. This model features a 6″ back lit display, so it’s not the smallest we have ever seen but it’s not exactly easy to read in the middle of a workout either.
- Weight Capacity: Most treadmills with this drive system and running belt can accommodate weights up to 400 pounds, but this model can only withstand a top weight of 300 pounds. This says something about the durability of the frame and reliability of the motor (and it isn’t anything nice).
The ProForm ZT8 is a fairly reliable and inexpensive treadmill from ProForm. It’s a fairly adaptable machine overall, with a folding frame design and decent incline/speed offerings. The machine seems like an ideal budget-friendly option for runners or walkers, but the limited weight capacity suggests durability could be an issue. There are certainly other models by ProForm that are a bit more durable. Check out our best cheap treadmills list that features the ProForm Performance 400C for similar options in this price range.