What sets the 11.15 apart from other entry level treadmills by other brands is its extensive attention to the console and entertainment choices. Ergonomically designed, everything on the console is within an arm’s reach; there are even 1-Step™ Speed and Incline keys to make quick and efficient changes to your pace and incline or decline. An attractive 7 inch Android® powered full-color touch screen display is also part of the console area, designed to offer the user an abundance of workout programs, entertainment features and goal tracking options.
And despite the advanced console offerings, Smooth Fitness does not compromise comfort or durability with the 11.15. Built with a powerful 3.5 HP Commercial Pro Motor and a 375 pound weight capacity, users experience a smooth and steady feel when walking or running at any speed or incline.
What We Like:
- Console: The console on the 11.15 is built with basic offerings like a tablet reading rack, two oversized water bottle holders, a built-in fan, powerful speakers and accessory trays; it also comes with a very attractive display area and easy to use speed and incline/decline controls that are conveniently located at the base of the display screen.
- Program Variety: This model comes with only two fewer workout programs (34 total) than the model just above it, the 11.35 that costs $500 more, making this model a great value in workout program offerings. Built in iFit® technology also means access to thousands of unique workout programs and routes powered by Google Maps™ and designed by popular personal trainers like Jillian Michaels (iFit® membership is not included).
- Entertainment features: From a compatible music port for iPod® to HD video workouts (15 inch HDTV is not included on this model, but is available as a separate option), you wouldn’t guess that the 11.15 is an entry level treadmill. The attractive 7 inch full-color touchscreen display even features a browser powered by Android™ so you can surf the web or connect with friends on social media. These are impressive entertainment offerings, and when paired with the many workout programs and iFit® compatibility, this treadmill offers the complete package with all of the bells and whistles.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Easily keep your workouts on track, working in the appropriate heart rate zone for your fitness goals, using either the dual-grip heart rate contact sensors or the wireless heart rate monitoring system. This model even includes the wireless heart rate strap for easy hands-free monitoring.
- Incline/Decline: This treadmill offers an incredible -3% decline and 15% incline option, which users can change using the 1-Step™ speed and incline/decline keys. Rarely do treadmills at this price point offer such impressive options, especially on a folding frame design. Use this option to simulate varying terrain or work on toning the muscles of the lower body.
- Belt: This model is designed with a spacious running area of 20 inches wide by 60 inches long. This is a longer belt which means increased safety and more adaptability if multiple users use the same treadmill.
- Folding Frame: SpaceSaver® EasyLift™ Assist technology makes the frame on the 11.15 easy to fold up and store away.
- Powerful Motor: The 11.15 is built with a commercial pro motor with 3.5 HP. This professional grade motor is both powerful and reliable, and with a 375 weight capacity, you can be certain this treadmill will offer a really smooth and natural feel, even at speeds up to 12 mph.
- Price: $1,199 is already a great price for a quality treadmill, but with these entertainment features, it’s an excellent price that is rarely found with entry level treadmills. Smooth Fitness is also known for their durability, so you know this treadmill is built to last.
- Warranty: You know a brand stands behind their equipment when they offer warranties like this one: lifetime on frame and motor, 5 years on parts and 2 years on labor.
What We Don’t Like:
- Safety Features: This treadmill features an auto stop button, but no strap.
- Noise Level: Because this treadmill is built a folding frame, some users complain of more noise when in use.
While this is an excellent treadmill, for $500 cheaper than the mid-range model in this series (the 11.35 treadmill), you really get most of the features with the exception of the HDTV (which is optional) and a few workout programs. We especially like the warranty offered with this entry level model, which reflects the confidence that Smooth Fitness has in their treadmills.