This treadmill has a very modern feel with a high-resolution multi-screen graphical display and sleek console area, but there aren’t near the entertainment offerings that are available on other treadmills by Smooth Fitness. This model comes with all of the basics, from an audio port to a built-in cooling fan, but lacks more advanced features like internet connectivity or an attractive touchscreen.
However, one major benefit of this model would be the attention to comfort features, including a very spacious running area at 22 inches wide and 60 inches long, and Reflex™ cushioning technology for cutting-edge shock absorption capabilities and comfort. Smooth Fitness is known for their powerful operating systems that are quiet and reliable, and the 11.25 does not disappoint with a 3.0HP motor and 350 weight limit.
What We Like:
- Program Variety: 27 preset workout programs combined with iFit™ compatibility means an enormous amount of program variety, providing something for everyone. Built-in workout programs include options like incline work and heart rate programs; and access to iFit™ means users have the option to search thousands of workout programs designed by popular fitness trainers like Jillian Michaels. While the iFit™ membership is sold separately, it’s definitely worth it to purchase this app as you can also choose from a number of “tracks” powered by Google Maps.
- Audio: This console features two speakers at the top of the console and an audio jack that is iPod® compatible so you can plug in and listen to music while working out.
- Deck: This model does boast quite an impressive sized running area at 22 inches wide and 60 inches long. This is a wider than average deck, which means increased safety and more versatility if multiple people plan to use the same machine.
- Incline/Decline: This treadmill can decline to -3% and incline up to 15%; an impressive offering for a treadmill at this price point. This feature is excellent for working multiple groups, interval training or simulating varying terrains like hills and downhill slopes. And with 1-Step™ precision speed and incline/decline controls, it’s incredibly easy to shift speed and incline/decline without stopping your workout.
- Shock Absorption: Smooth treadmills are built their advanced Reflex™ cushion technology which features a wood core deck and special design to reduce hard impact on the joints when running or walking. Their running decks are known to have a very comfortable give to them, without feeling unstable or shaky, safely offering both comfort and support.
- Warranty: In addition to a lifetime warranty on the frame, this model also comes with a 10 year warranty on the motor, 5 years on parts and 1 year on labor.
What We Don’t Like:
- Display Screen: The display area is very small and dark/dimly lit. While the screen does include basic workout information and stats, that’s about it. You won’t have any touchscreen or LCD display on this model, and there is no internet connectivity offered either.
- Price: For $2,299, this treadmill does not come with near the features that other treadmills by Smooth Fitness do. While this isn’t a super pricey treadmill, it is a mid-range machine and you would expect a bit more in the way of advanced features.
- Safety Features: This treadmill features an auto stop button, but no safety strap.
Our verdict on this model? Save your money and consider going with the 11.35 model which is $800 cheaper and features a more powerful drive system and more advanced entertainment options and console area. If you like the look and feel of this treadmill then you may want to try the next version up, the 13.75 TL, which is a 4-star review. This treadmill disappoints in multiple areas but mainly the shabby console features and high price tag. It is still a quality treadmill, as are most by this well-known brand, but the bottom line is you can save money and get more by going with another treadmill by Smooth Fitness.