Smooth 9.65TV Treadmill Review
The 9.65 is the upgrade for Smooth’s 9.45TV Treadmill. Some prominent differences include the 9.65’s even roomier track and its virtually silent 4.0 CHP motor.
What We Like:
- Entertainment: This unit’s 10.5″ color TV is a major selling point. It makes it easy to catch up on the news or your favorite TV series, and it helps exercise time fly by. The 9.65TV Treadmill also features a SmoothSound audio system and is compatible with MP3 players.
- Program variety: Fifty-five workouts include dozens of speed and speed/incline programs, three goal programs, one heart-rate control workout, and one manual mode. The heart rate control program can be set to any maximum heart rate or can be automatically calibrated for a trainee’s height, weight, sex and age. This treadmill’s heart rate monitoring is wireless and uses a chest strap.
- Track: The 9.65TV Treadmill track has a roomy 62″ x 21″ exercise surface and an advanced shock-absorbing system: The track is firmer at the area of push-off and more cushioned in the landing area. With this combination of features, trainees can take longer strides and experience less fatigue than when running on other machines. Additionally, the track’s 3″ rollers reduce mechanical wear and help Smooth confidently offer a lifetime guarantee on parts.
- Incline: Fifteen incline levels help simulate varied outdoor terrain and challenge different muscles fibers. The treadmill’s incline and speed can easily be changed through controls on the handrails.
- Motor: The Smooth 9.65TV treadmill features a quiet yet powerful SmoothDrive 4.0 CHP commercial motor. The motor has a lifetime guarantee and supports treadmill use by individuals weighing up to 400 pounds.
- Warranty: Smooth fitness equipment warranties are among the best in the industry. The company includes a lifetime warranty on this unit’s parts and electronics plus two years of in-home service.
- Quick delivery: When you buy directly from Smooth Fitness, the 9.65TV Treadmill is shipped from one of three U.S. warehouses for fast delivery.
- Value for price: This treadmill’s MSRP isn’t low, but the equipment is guaranteed for life and is a smart buy for the long haul. The price drops considerably when Smooth has online sales.
What We Don’t Like:
- Large footprint: Taking up 81″ x 32″ of floor space, the Smooth 9.65TV treadmill is not intended for small living quarters.
- Simple screen: The backlit LED screen is easy-to-read. What’s the problem? Its simplicity might disappoint somebody who expects a more complex console in this treadmill’s price category. Its basic readouts include time, distance, heart rate, calories, speed, and incline.
Check out video features of the Smooth 9.65TV Treadmill
With the 9.65TV Treadmill, Smooth Fitness has created a virtually commercial-quality treadmill for home use. Our review of this model had found a high user weight capacity, a top-of-the-line motor, an incline, and a roomier track than most treadmills. When you add your favorite TV shows and 55 workout modes, what’s not to like? The five-star Smooth 9.65 TV Treadmill also comes with one of the best warranty packages in the industry.
Tip: Smooth offers four delivery options. They range from free curbside delivery to upstairs delivery and assembly. Since this machine weighs 325 pounds, the special delivery options are recommended for most customers.