In general the Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill should be thought of as exercise backup during inclement weather, or as a way to occasionally diversify cardio training. If instead you were hoping for a cheap but reliable alternative to a standard motorized treadmill, you likely will be disappointed! For example, the track surface measures just under 12.5″ x 41″, which is significantly narrower and shorter than the standard tread track of 20″ x 55″. And the entire machine is just shy of 50 pounds whereas most home treadmills we’ve reviewed weigh at least 100 pounds more.
Low price is a key to this product’s sales. The other main selling point is portability. The Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill can hold up to 225 pounds but its overall dimensions are just 47″ L x 22″ W x 45″ H, and when folded it has a footprint of just 17″ W x 22″ L and is 50″ tall. It can easily fit into the corner of a room or be stored in a closet after workouts.
What We Like:
- Price: The Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill (product number 45-0900) sells for less than $120 on Amazon.
- Compact Frame: The frame for this model measures just 22″ wide and 47″ long. When folded it’s only 21.1″ wide, 21.1″ long and 50″ tall, so after workouts it can be stored in a closet or in the corner of a room.
- Portable: This Stamina treadmill has caster wheels to ease transport. The machine weighs just 49 pounds.
- Incline: The incline options are 8 and 10 percent grade. Using the incline lets a person burn calories more quickly, even without increasing speed. The incline settings also make this treadmill one of the better low budget choices for toning calf muscles. Unlike some other manual treadmills, the track is textured to help prevent slipping.
- Assembly: Customers report that assembling the InMotion Manual Treadmill is easy and takes about 60 to 90 minutes.
Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||2 Incline Positions (10 and 8 degrees)|
|Running Area:||41" x 12.5"|
|Top Speed:||Manual MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||225 LBS|
|Dimensions:||47" L x 22" W x 45" H|
- Low Quality: This machine weighs just 49 pounds, which is a small fraction of a typical home treadmill’s weight. The light weight is achieved by 1) omitting some treadmill components such as a motor and console and 2) using very basic and low quality elements such as thin track material and small track rollers.
- No Programs: This treadmill lacks preset workouts. Its small monitor does have a one-button scan function for showing speed, distance, time and calories. The calories readout is an estimate rather than based on the particular user’s weight.
- Track Size: The Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill track is extremely small at just 12.5″ wide and 41″ long. Customers have expressed concern that it doesn’t feel safe for taller trainees to use. Treadmills in the $500-and-up class tend to have tracks at least 20″ wide and 55″ long.
- Maintenance Required: In order to operate smoothly the tread belt requires frequent lubrication. The trainee might also want to adjust the tension of the belt, so instructions are provided in the user manual. Higher quality treadmills are less likely to require belt tension adjustments because higher quality belt materials are less prone to stretching.
- Warranties: This product, like most ultra-cheap treadmills, has a very short warranty. The parts are covered for just 90 days and the frame is covered for just a year despite being steel. The warranty package does not provide for repair expenses. For comparison, we’ve come to expect a minimum of a year of parts and labor coverage… and even at the low end of the price spectrum, frames sometimes have lifetime warranties.
The Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill could be an interesting add-on for a home gym. It’s not recommended as the centerpiece of at-home cardio training. This machine isn’t built to last for many uses, and it would be inappropriate for certain readers to use because of safety issues related to balance and/or body size.
>>Let us recommend our Best Buy Treadmill Lists<<