In addition to the advanced consoles, top selling points of the ES900 are an automatic decline and incline and adjustable cushioning. And to top it all off, this treadmill is good-looking! Despite its weight, it looks sleek and has classy metal touches. We’d give a five-star review if the ES900’s suggested retail price were more reasonable.
What We Like:
- Great Track: The ES900 has a roomy 60″ x 22″ workout surface. This is long enough for tall trainees and is about 2″ wider than standard treadmill tracks. Adjustable cushioning lets you replicate road running to train for competitions, or give your body better protection against shock.
- Power Incline/Decline: The treadmill track can be tilted a maximum of 3% downward and 15% upward. Exercising on a slope is excellent for toning muscles. It also speeds up your rate of calorie burn compared with exercising at a 0% grade. A third benefit of incline training is that it reduces the amount weight placed on your knees; your body weight shifts when you climb a slope.
- Console Choices: Standard True Fitness consoles get great customer reviews, but the advanced options here are the best that True Fitness has ever offered. The largest is the Transcend16 with touchscreen, 40 preset workout programs, digital/analog TV tuner, smartphone hookup and choice of 12 languages. The simplest is the Escalate9 with smartphone compatibility, 28 workouts and choice of five languages.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: To help you exercise efficiently, grip heart rate sensors and wireless monitoring are included.
- Heart Rate Control (HRC): What is HRC? Heart rate control is like cruise control for your heart. Plug in your desired cardio challenge level and the ES900 will adjust accordingly throughout your workout! By using HRC you’ll make exercise sessions more efficient.
- Strong Motor: This treadmill’s quiet 4.0 HP motor supports speeds from .5 to 12 mph. It has a lifetime warranty.
- High Capacity: The True ES900 weighs 430 pounds. It has a 400 pound capacity.
- Warranty: The treadmill frame and motor have lifetime guarantees. Most parts (headphone jack and mobile phone port excluded) are covered for 10 years. Labor is free for the first two years. However, labor will cost you if the serviceperson must travel more than 50 miles.
What We Don’t Like:
- Maintenance: True treadmill owners are responsible for lubricating the tracks. If you don’t lubricate your treadmill and something goes wrong, your warranty will be voided! In contrast, most treadmills in this price range are sold with self-maintaining tracks.
- Difficult Assembly: Assembling this treadmill properly requires about two hours of work by two people. It’s highly recommended that you pay for set-up. Getting indoor delivery and set-up adds $299 to the price.
- Price: The base price for the ES900 is high. Adding your favorite console will bump the price up significantly.
Beautifully built! The ES900 is clearly True’s most advanced treadmill for 2014. We imagine it would keep any household happy.
However, the MSRP is rather high. If you’re comfortable spending this amount, then also see the Life Fitness Club Series Treadmill for comparison. There’s a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, whereas parts on the True ES900 are only protected for 10 years.