True M30 Review
The M30 and M50 are essentially the same treadmill except for their cushioning. The M30 has variable cushioning, which is softer up front and firmer at the back of the track. The M50 has orthopedic cushioning for added shock absorption, so it’s more of a treadmill for runners, people with joint issues, and people who carry more weight.
What We Like:
- Program Variety: The M30 has limited preset programs, but that might be all you’ll want. The seven preset workouts include diverse options such as speed training, heart rate control and hill climbing. Workouts can be used with an incline up to 15% and speeds up to 12 mph. There’s also room to save two custom-made treadmill routines.
- Console: The 7” backlit console screen is easy to read and use. It shows speed, time, distance, calories and pulse. Quick Speed and Quick Incline buttons make programming simple. You’ll also get a water bottle holder and reading rack.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Grip heart rate sensors are included. The True M30 can also be used with wireless pulse monitoring, which is more accurate and more convenient, but the wireless monitoring chest strap is sold separately. It’s the most accurate way to take advantage of the M30’s heart rate control feature: Two of the preset workout programs are integrated with the heart rate monitor, so you can choose your preferred challenge range and the treadmill will adjust accordingly! True Fitness calls this Cruise Control.
- Long & Cushioned Track: The treadmill track is just right for all but the largest runners. It measures 20 inches x 58 inches and is firmer toward the back where you’d push off. The softer cushioning up front helps reduce the shock of impact upon landing.
- Power Incline: The motorized incline tilts up to 15%. Incline training can help you get even better muscle tone and burn calories more quickly. Plus, using a small incline of 1% helps mimic the effect of wind outdoors.
- Strong Motor: This unit’s 3.0 HP motor supports a top speed of 12 mph. It’s sold with a 30-year warranty.
- High Capacity: The sturdy True M30 weighs 220 pounds. It has a 300 pound capacity.
- Warranty: The M30 has a lifetime frame warranty and 30 year motor warranty. The parts warranty is for five years and labor is covered for the first year. Labor expenses might apply though if you live beyond 50 miles of a service technician.
- Portability: Transport wheels help you move the treadmill.
What We Don’t Like:
- No Fan: A treadmill fan makes a big difference for endurance. Since one isn’t included here, you’ll want to add one to your home gym.
- Few Programs: This treadmill can serve any cardio workout goal. Still, many customers are drawn to the endless variety offered by treadmills with iFit (e.g., NordicTrack treadmills).
The TrueFitness M30 treadmill is very similar to the M50, which has more robust cushioning. Overall it’s a fine machine with superior basics. At the same time, it’s not a best buy treadmill. New models like the NordicTrack 1750 are sold for less yet include more, or we can help you find the best treadmill for what your needs are!