True PS100 Review
The True PS100 Treadmill is very similar to the True PS300. The PS300 costs more because it has an advanced orthopedic belt. That could be a better choice for heavier trainees, people with sensitive joints, or any runner who’s concerned about protecting their body over the long term.
What We Like:
- Program Options: The True PS100 is similar to a standard club treadmill in terms of programming: The options are few but there’s something for everyone. The seven preset workouts include diverse options such as weight loss, speed training, heart rate control (two programs) and rolling hills. There’s space to save two user-designed workouts. A safety key prevents unauthorized and accidental use by children and pets.
- Console: The 7″ backlit console screen is clear to read and simple to use. It’s certainly not the largest in the industry, but it’s above average. Its data readouts are speed, time, distance, calories and heart rate. Workout programs can be adjusted easily with Quick Speed and Quick Incline buttons. A water bottle holder and reading rack are attached.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Grip heart rate sensors are included. The True PS100 can also be used with wireless pulse monitoring, which is more accurate and more convenient. (Compatible chest straps are sold separately.) Two of the True PS100 preset workout programs are specially integrated with the heart rate monitor, adjusting the treadmill in response to your heart rate. True Fitness calls this workout option “Cruise Control for your heart.”
- Large Track: The PS100 treadmill track is one of the largest in the industry. It measures 22 inches wide x 60 inches long. It’s firmer toward the back to support push-off, and softer cushioning up front helps reduce the shock of impact upon landing.
- Power Incline: The motorized incline can be tilted up to 15%. A slight incline mimics the effects of outdoor track running, and a steeper incline brings dramatically fast results in terms of toning and calorie burn.
- Strong Motor: This unit’s 3.0 horsepower motor supports a top speed of 12 mph. It’s sold with a 30-year warranty.
- High Capacity: Built of heavy steel, the True PS100 weighs 297 pounds. It has a 350 pound capacity.
- Warranty: The PS100 has a lifetime frame warranty and 30 year motor warranty. Parts and electronics are covered for five years. Labor is covered for the first wheel.
- Transport Wheels: Transport wheels help you move the treadmill, although at 297 pounds it’s hardly a portable treadmill.
What We Don’t Like:
- No Fan: A treadmill fan makes a big difference for endurance. Since one isn’t included here, you’ll want to add one to your home gym if you choose the PS100.
- High Price: The PS100 is sold with a great warranty. Even so, this isn’t one of the absolute best treadmill values. Other durable treadmills are cheaper and more engaging.
The TrueFitness PS100 treadmill is a fine choice for larger trainees seeking good basics. However, we prefer several of the new and more cost effective treadmill models with more workouts, sound systems, and the latest technology. Compare their prices and specs lists before choosing the PS100.