What We Like:
- Program Options: Programming on the True PS300 is similar to that of a standard club treadmill. Its seven preset workouts include weight loss, speed training, heart rate control (two programs), rolling hills, and more. There’s room to save two user-designed workouts as well.
- Safety Key: A safety key on all PS series treadmills prevents unauthorized use.
- Console: The crisp 7″ backlit console screen is easy to use. Workout programs can be adjusted easily with Quick Speed and Quick Incline buttons. The console displays speed, time, distance, calories, and heart rate. A water bottle holder and reading rack complete the package.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Activate cruise control for your heart. Two of the PS300’s preset workout programs are integrated with heart rate monitoring. Grip heart rate sensors are included. The True PS300 can also be used with wireless pulse monitoring, but the chest strap is sold separately.
- Large Track: The PS300 treadmill track measures 21″ wide x 60″ long. It’s firmer toward the back to support push-off, and softer cushioning up front helps reduce the shock of impact upon landing.
- Power Incline: The motorized incline can be tilted up to 15%. Using a slight incline (1%) mimics the effects of outdoor track running. Steeper inclines bring dramatically fast results in terms of toning and calorie burn.
- Strong Motor: This unit’s 3.0 horsepower motor supports a top speed of 12 mph. The motor has a 30-year warranty.
- High Capacity: The True PS300 weighs 308 pounds. It has a 350 pound capacity.
- Warranty: The PS300 has a lifetime frame warranty and 30 year motor warranty. Parts and electronics are covered for five years. Labor is covered for the first year.
- Transport Wheels: Transport wheels make this treadmill surprisingly mobile.
What We Don’t Like:
- No Fan: A treadmill fan makes a big difference for the user’s endurance. Since one isn’t included here, you’ll want to add one to your home gym to compensate.
- High Price: The PS300 is sold with an impressive warranty. Even so, this isn’t one of the absolute best treadmill values. Other durable treadmills cost less, but have more advanced programming.
The True PS300 Treadmill is understandably one of True Fitness’s bestsellers. It’s a great choice for larger trainees seeking commercial-quality basics. It’s also durable enough to support multiple users per day. However, despite our positive review, many trainees prefer treadmills with more programs, sound systems, and the latest technology. If you fall into that consumer category, check out the PS800 or the more affordable NordicTrack 1750 with 3.8 HP motor.