True PS800 Review
This unit has a high MSRP, but a reversible deck and a 10-year parts warranty help ward off buyer’s remorse. You can expect the PS800 Treadmill to support a household of exercisers for many years.
What We Like:
- Program Options: Programming on the PS800 console makes the treadmill suitable for beginners and experienced trainees alike. Various exercise goals such as weight loss, incline training and distance endurance can be targeted with 28 preset workout apps – including heart rate control programs. There’s room to save four user-designed workouts too, making this treadmill a nice option for a family.
- Safety Key: A safety key on all PS series treadmills prevents unauthorized/accidental use by children or pets.
- Multilingual Color Console with Audio: The 9-inch color console screen is easy on the eyes and simple to use. Workout programs can be adjusted easily with Quick Speed and Quick Incline buttons. The console displays speed, time, distance, calories and heart rate – and you can choose from five languages (English, Arabic, Chinese, German and Spanish). An smartphone port, two water bottle holders and a reading rack are attached.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Activate cruise control for your heart! The PS800’s console is integrated with heart rate monitoring and heart rate control. Grip heart rate sensors are included, and the True PS800 can also be used with wireless monitoring (chest strap sold separately).
- Adjustable Cushioning: Select firmer track cushioning to mimic outdoor conditions, or a softer track to better protect your joints from impact. Whichever setting you choose, you’ll get “orthopedically correct” support with a bit more firmness at the point of push-off versus where you land.
- Power Incline: The motorized incline can be tilted up to 15%. Using a slight incline (1%) mimics the effects of outdoor track running, and steeper inclines bring dramatically fast results in terms of toning and calorie burn!
- Strong Motor: This treadmill’s quiet 4.0 HP motor supports speeds up to 12 mph. It has a 30-year warranty.
- High Capacity: The True PS800 weighs 352 pounds. It has a 350 pound capacity.
- Long Parts Warranty: The PS800 has a lifetime frame warranty and 30 year motor warranty. Parts and electronics are covered for ten years. In-home labor is covered for the first year.
- Transport Wheels: Front transport wheels help you move the treadmill.
What We Don’t Like:
- No Fan: A treadmill fan makes a big difference for the user’s endurance. Since one isn’t included here, you’ll want to add one to your home gym if you choose the PS800.
- Labor Warranty: The labor warranty is rather short for a luxury treadmill. Also, you’ll be charged for the worker’s transportation if they need to travel more than 50 miles.
- Delivery and Fees: The advertised price for the PS800 doesn’t include delivery and other costs.
The True PS800 Treadmill provides enough variety and durability to support a whole family for many years. Using the 15% incline is an excellent way to dramatically enhance the efficiency of workouts – and with 28 preset programs, there’s something for everyone. This is also one of the few home treadmills that offers multilingual programming, a 10-year parts warranty, and a safety key. The True PS800 could be just right for plenty of home gyms.