True PS825 Review
A reversible deck will help ensure longevity, and the 10-year parts warranty instills confidence. You can expect the True PS825 to support a family of exercisers for many years.
What We Like:
- Program Options: With 40 built-in workouts, the PS825 offers more exercise guidance than any other treadmill in the PS series. Weight loss, distance endurance, hill training and heart rate control are some of the diverse categories. There’s also room to save five user-designed workouts.
- Large Belt: The workout area is extra-wide and long enough for tall runners. It measures 21″ W x 60″ L.
- Safety Key: A safety key on all PS series treadmills prevents unauthorized use.
- Multilingual Color Consoles with TV & smartphone Jacks: The 15″ LCD TV is one of the largest treadmill TVs available, and the 9” screen is pretty fancy too. Workout programs can be adjusted easily with Quick Speed and Quick Incline buttons. The console displays speed, time, distance, calories and heart rate – and you can choose from 12 languages. A smartphone port, two water bottle holders and a reading rack are attached.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Activate cruise control for your heart! The PS825’s console is integrated with heart rate monitoring and heart rate control. Grip heart rate sensors are included, and the True PS825 can also be used with wireless monitoring (chest strap sold separately).
- Adjustable Cushioning: Select firmer track cushioning to mimic outdoor conditions, or a softer track to better protect your joints from impact. Whichever setting you choose, you’ll get “orthopedically correct” support with a bit more firmness at the point of push-off versus where you land. This feature is also on the PS800.
- Power Incline: The motorized incline can be tilted up to 15%. Using a slight incline (1%) mimics the effects of outdoor track running, and steeper inclines bring dramatically fast results in terms of toning and calorie burn!
- Strong Motor: This treadmill’s quiet 4.0 HP motor supports speeds from .5 to 12 mph. It has a 30-year warranty.
- High Capacity: The True PS825 weighs 383 pounds. It has a 350 pound capacity.
- Long Parts Warranty: The PS825 has a lifetime frame warranty and 30 year motor warranty. Parts and electronics are covered for ten years. In-home labor is covered for the first year.
- Transport Wheels: Front transport wheels help you move the treadmill – but keep in mind, it weighs 400 pounds.
What We Don’t Like:
- No Fan: A treadmill fan makes a big difference for the user’s endurance. Since one isn’t included here, you’ll want to add one to your home gym if you choose the PS825.
- Labor Warranty: The labor warranty of one year is rather short for a luxury treadmill. Also, you’ll be charged for the worker’s transportation if they need to travel more than 50 miles.
- Delivery and Fees: The advertised price for the PS825 doesn’t include indoor delivery and setup. The full package adds $299 to the advertised price from True Fitness.
The True PS825 Treadmill can provide your family with a decade or more of gym-quality workouts. With 40 workouts, TV and smartphone compatibility, it can keep anybody motivated to exercise and suitably distracted! The True PS825 has a high MSRP, but with its long warranty it’s just right for plenty of home gyms.