TruPace M100 Review
What We Like:
- Small footprint: This compact treadmill needs just 60″ L x 29″ W of floor space. Other treadmills are six or seven feet long. However, their larger bases make them more stable too.
- Folding design: It’s easy to free up floor space when this treadmill isn’t in use. It can be folded and stored away.
- Workout programs: The TruPace M100 has a good array of workout programs considering that it’s a discount treadmill. These can be used with an incline.
- Inclined track: The track can be adjusted to 12 levels of incline. Incline workouts enhance muscle tone and speed up your metabolism.
- Handrail controls: Buttons on the handrails make it easy to adjust the treadmill’s speed during workouts.
- Top speed: The machine is capable of supporting up to 12 mph. However, you will probably wear out the motor if you make a habit of taking this treadmill to its limit.
- Water bottle holder: A bottle holder is included on the console.
What We Don’t Like:
- Tiny track: The M100’s track is noticeably smaller than that of the typical home treadmill. The surface area is 16” x 50”. Most competitors’ tracks measure 20” wide and are 55” or 60” long. Make a rectangle on the ground, hop into it and see if you’d feel confined!
- Light weight: This machine weighs only 130 pounds. Many other treadmills weigh significantly more, which helps them provide stable rides.
- Weak motor: Smooth Fitness is known for its powerful yet quiet treadmill motors – but this machine has one of the brand’s weakest options, a 2.0 CHP motor. The TruPace M150 has a 2.5 CHP motor, and some Smooth treadmills have commercial quality 4.0 CHP motors for avid runners.
- No heart rate monitor: Heart rate monitors have become standard for the industry, and this includes cheap treadmills. For the same price as an M100 you could find a treadmill with a built-in heart rate monitor to help you maximize workout benefits.
- Short warranty: Smooth Fitness treadmill warranties are typically among the best in the industry, but the low-cost Smooth TruPace M100 is short on customer protections. Here’s info from the standard warranty: You may return the machine within 60 days. Most parts are covered for 90 days. The motor is covered for five years. If you need other parts or labor after 90 days, you will be responsible for payment.
The TruPace M100 treadmill is a rare find: a Smooth treadmill that doesn’t get a glowing review. It’s acceptable as backup for small trainees on rainy days, but we don’t recommended it as the staple of an exercise program. Check out other Smooth treadmills for comparison.