The T80 is the only commercial treadmill in Vision’s lineup, but it’s available with three consoles:
- The lowest-priced option is the Classic console with LED, which has five preset programs and can be used with Virtual Active video workouts by Passport Media (video unit sold separately).
- The 10″ Elegant console has a full color screen. It includes 15 preset programs and has Virtual Active workout compatibility (video unit sold separately).
- Virtual Active video workouts are included with the high-definition 15.6″ Touch console, along with 19 pre-programmed workouts.
The Vision Fitness T80 Commercial Treadmill is sold with two warranty packages. For commercial settings there’s lifetime protection on the non-folding frame and five years on the motor and parts. Labor is provided for two years. Residential owners get lifetime coverage for the frame, motor and cushioning plus seven years for the electronics and two years of labor.
What We Like:
- Console choice: If you’re a club owner, you won’t go wrong with the T80. Members will appreciate each of the consoles, including the Classic (most basic) console. Each console type can charge USB devices and includes accessory trays, a water bottle holder and a magazine rack. The Classic, Elegant, and Touch consoles have 5, 15 and 19 pre-set workouts, respectively. To provide the ultimate workout experience, choose the Touch console with high-def video! Virtual Active streams scenic paths that move with the runner’s body.
- Motor: The T80’s 3.0 HP motor supports speeds from 0.3 to 12 mph.
- Track: The track is a roomy 60″ x 20″. It provides excellent support and deflects shock from the runner’s body; Vision Fitness’s Ultra Zone cushioning almost replaces the need for running shoes!
- No-maintenance: The Vision T80 commercial treadmill track is pre-lubricated so that it won’t need maintenance.
- Smartphone integration: Trainees can stream audio via the Touch console.
- Heart rate monitoring: All of the T80 consoles have contact grip heart rate monitors. Additionally, the Touch and Elegant consoles include full Polar wireless monitoring systems and the Classic console is Polar compatible (chest strap sold separately). At least one target heart rate workout is included with each console.
- Incline: The T80 treadmill track inclines up to 15% with the touch of a button. Incline training boosts calorie burn and improves muscle tone.
- High capacity: This unit is suitable for individuals weighing up to 400 pounds. It weighs 350 pounds.
- Good warranties: As described in the intro to this review, the T80 treadmill is sold with long residential and commercial warranties. The commercial warranty is limited; “light commercial use” is assumed.
Vision Fitness T80 Commercial Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||400 LBS|
|Dimensions:||80" L x 43" W x 63" H|
- Size: This commercial treadmill is too large for some homes. Also, gym owners wanting to pack in lots of equipment might prefer more compact treadmills. The footprint is 80″ x 43.5″.
The T80 commercial treadmill is a fine choice for commercial gyms and for homeowners seeking high-end fitness equipment. The cushioning is exceptional, the motor is powerful, and there’s a good range of exercise options to choose from. Virtual Active video on the Touch screen adds more than $1000 to the MSRP – but with seven years of coverage on the residential model, that might seem like a fair deal.