Weslo Crosswalk 5.2t Review
A budget-friendly, mid-range model sold by Weslo, a brand owned by Icon Fitness, the Weslo Crosswalk 5.2t is designed with unique the CrossWalk (TM) upper-body resistance and a two-position incline. These treadmills are typically sold by retailers like Walmart.
This treadmill’s lightweight and compact design features a folding frame equipped with the patented SpaceSaver technology. The drive system is equipped with a 2.5 HP Impulse (TM) Motor and the weight capacity is 250 pounds, max user weight. This is truly a lightweight machine, weighing just 168 total unit weight.
To protect the joints and add some comfort to your workout experience, this model is equipped with Comfort Cell (TM) Cushioning. The belt is 16″ wide and 47″ long, and you can reach speeds of up to 10 mph.
The console area provides some basic convenience features like two water bottle holders and one-touch quick keys, as well as some performance features like a heart rate sensor and 4 built-in workout programs. The silver and black LCD display screen is very basic with just 6 buttons: up/down speed control, start/stop buttons, workout select, and priority display. To monitor heart rate, there is an EasyPulse (TM) thumb pulse heart rate monitoring system on the console.
The warranty on this model includes 90 days on parts and labor.
What We Like:
- Folding Design: A folding frame means convenience. This model is equipped with a folding frame equipped with the patented SpaceSaver Design that makes it quick and easy to fold up and go.
- CrossWalk (TM) Upper-Body Resistance: This feature allows users to gain the benefits of an elliptical trainer with the upper-body arm grips. You can up your calorie burn while building lean muscle mass using this feature.
- Heart Rate Sensor: Using EasyPulse (TM) thumb pulse heart rate monitoring system, users can easily press their thumb on the sensor directly on the console to monitor heart rate. Some people prefer this sensor over the grip sensors as it can be easier to use.
- Compact Design: This treadmill is a very lightweight, compact machine like most of other Weslo’s treadmills. It’s easy to move around and use in smaller spaces, making it ideal for older people.
- Price: As with other models by Weslo, the price is perhaps the most attractive feature of this model.
Weslo Crosswalk 5.2t Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||two-position adjustable incline with 8% max|
|Running Area:||16" x 47"|
|Top Speed:||10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||250 LBS|
|Dimensions:||55" L x 29" W x 68" H|
- Overall Quality: This treadmill is made with cheap plastic parts. It’s pretty loud when in operation, and is overall a pretty unreliable model.
- Console Area: The console area lacks a fan, audio options, accessories tray and reading rack. The display screen is also small and more difficult to read.
- Warranty: You only get 90 days coverage on parts and labor on the Crosswalk 5.2t Treadmill.
- Manual Incline:This model is designed with a two-position incline, but the degree of these two positions are not disclosed. Manual inclines are less than desirable because it’s almost impossible to do any kind of interval training where fast incline/speed changes are necessary.
- Running Area: Because it is a compact model, you will compromise some space in regards to the running area. This treadmill’s running area is 16″ wide and 47″ long, which is quite small. This can be a big problem for runners, taller people, or people who want a little more space while working out.
This treadmill is inexpensive and lightweight, making it a decent choice as a beginner treadmill for in-home use, but the Weslo Crosswalk 5.2t lacks durability. It’s not designed to be a long-lasting machine, so if saving money is your sole priority, you can give this model a try but we recommend another treadmill from a more reputable brand. For a few better options, consider some top rated models that made our best buy list for cheap treadmills.