XTERRA Trail Racer 3.0 Review
The Trail Racer 3.0 is an ideal residential treadmill for both novice and advanced users. With a generous running surface and nine adjustable programs, the entire family can get fit with this XTERRA machine. The 3.0 is similar to the Trail Racer 6.3 in design and capability, but is slightly smaller and more lightweight at 207 lbs. Like all Trail Racer models, the 3.0 comes with a lifetime warranty for the frame and motor. A continuous duty motor will start you off either walking or jogging, allowing you to adjust the speed and incline as necessary.
What We Like:
- Program Diversity: Nine programs are included and all are adjustable. Two are user defined, so the treadmill will progress along with you. You can also track your progress and utilize seven different types of exercise feedback.
- Space Saving: This treadmill has a 20″ x 55″ running surface and can fold up to save space.
- Console: This is a smart piece of equipment featuring a bright blue blacklit display, a large segment dot matrix display, and a mile track display. The console makes it easy to track your progress.
- Comfort: The Trail Racer 3.0 keeps beginners in mind. The deck includes soft elastomers, reducing the foot to platform impact. This will decrease stress and prevent potential injury to your joints.
- Power Incline: The motorized incline can be tilted up to 10%. This provides plenty of challenge for novice-to-intermediate runners. The motor will easily keep up with adjustments during your workout.
- Convenience: This model includes two water bottle holders, a fan, audio jack, and speakers. Bring comfort to your workout through proper hydration and your favorite music.
- Economical: Out of the entire Trail Racer series, the 3.0 is the most affordable. Cheaper than many one-year gym memberships, you can start making personal fitness improvements at home without spending a fortune.
- Lifetime Warranty: The Trail Racer 3.0 comes with a lifetime warranty for frame and motor so you never have to worry about wearing out this machine.
XTERRA Trail Racer 3.0 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 10%|
|Running Area:||20" x 55"|
|Top Speed:||10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||72.2" L x 35" W x 54.1" H|
- Short Track: While this treadmill has the standard width of 20″, it comes up a bit short in length at 55″. Many runners will be satisfied with this but those who need a little extra length might be disappointed.
- Parts & Labor Warranty: While the frame and motor come with a lifetime warranty, the rest of the machine is only under warranty for a year. This includes a one-year limit on the deck, all parts outside of the motor and frame, and one year of in-home labor.
- Limited Potential: While a 10% incline is acceptable for a novice-to-intermediate runner, those who wish to reach their maximum potential may eventually feel limited by this machine.
- Lack of Heart Rate Control: Unlike the Trail Racer 6.6. or 6.8, the Trail Racer 3.0 does not include any heart rate controlled programs. This will be a deal breaker for those who wish to push themselves further and depend upon such a technology.
Check out our video review of the XTERRA Trail Racer 3.0 Treadmill!
The Trail Racer 3.0 is an affordable and convenient treadmill designed for beginner to intermediate runnesr. With a smaller operating surface than other XTERRA models, it is ideal for a home gym without much space to spare. This device combines technological advancements in the treadmill industry without compromising simplicity. The 3.0 is very user friendly and straightforward. However, those seeking more challenge or a slightly larger running surface should consider the XTERRA Trail Racer 6.8 instead.