What We Like:
- Spacious Tread belt: The 6.6 offers a larger tread belt than its predecessors, measuring in at 20″ x 60″.
- Challenging Incline: When you’re ready to push yourself further, the 6.6. is ready for you. This machine offers an incline up to 15%, which adds quite a challenging to any workout.
- Diversity in Programming: The 6.6 comes with 7 manual programs and two heart rate controlled programs. Achieve new fitness goals with programs that monitor your progress and raise the bar progressively higher.
- Comfort: This treadmill comes with a cooling fan, water bottle holders, deck cushioning, and an MP3 compatible audio jack.
- Attractive Design: A sleek addition to any exercise room, the Trail Racer 6.6 comes in black and silver.
- Adjustable Cushioning: Adjust the cushioning of the belt to absorb the impact of your strides. While most treadmills have cushioning, this is one of the few in this price range with customizable cushioning to suit your needs.
- Heart Rate Monitor: A wireless heart rate monitor is included.
- Warranty: The Trail Racer 6.6 comes with a lifetime warranty for frame and motor, a five year warranty for the deck, two years for parts, and one year in-home labor. There is also a 60-day money back guarantee.
XTERRA Trail Racer 6.6 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 15%|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||79.5" L x 35" W x 53" H|
- Programs: While the programming is more varied than prior models, the options are still rather limited. This could lead to a boring workout after a few months.
- Parts & Labor Warranty: Xterra continues to be stingy on the parts and labor warranty. They extended the parts warranty to two years but left the in-home labor warranty to 12 months. Getting a broken treadmill into your car to be fixed at a shop is far from enjoyable, so this isn’t exactly ideal..
- Weight Capacity: While acceptable weight standards on newer treadmills is around 400 lbs and over, the 6.6 only has a maximum capacity of 350.
The Trail Racer 6.6 has progressively improved. The addition of heart rate controlled programs is a huge bonus for this machine and only furthers XTERRA’s already solid reputation for producing quality machines.
The is an attractive and effective machine considering the price tag of under $1000. The 3.0HP motor is also rare for this price range, which means you can expect more power and greater longterm functionality.
For those looking for more challenge, the 6.6’s 15% incline is a big selling point. Prior models only climbed to 12% and active treadmill users will appreciate the difference that extra 3% really makes.
Although the treadmill ships with a total of 9 preset workouts, many will still find this selection rather sparse. If you are the type of walker/jogger who needs a large variety of programs to stay motivated, you may lose interest with the Trail Racer 6.6 rather quickly.
Overall, the 6.6 is remains a celebrated home treadmills. With its sturdy construction and attractive look, many users will want to “level up” to this treadmill after enjoying previous XTERRA treadmills with less features and softer challenges.
More Review Features of the XTERRA Trail Racer 6.6 Treadmill on video!
The XTERRA TRX4500 Treadmill with Bluetooth for data sharing is this year’s premium home treadmill from XTERRA Fitness. ...read moreSee best price »
The XTERRA Trail Racer 6.6 Treadmill is on sale right now!See best price »
This treadmill is currently on sale