This model is the cheapest treadmill in the XTERRA lineup for 2018, which also includes the heavier-duty TRX3500 and TRX4500. Key features of the TRX2500, especially its 55”-long track and 2.25 HP drive, make it primarily a treadmill for walkers.
Compared with other treadmills under $800, the XTERRA TRX2500 is durable and well equipped. Highlights include a 10-percent power incline, 24 preset exercise programs, and stereo speakers. It also has an easy-to-fold frame. Notably the workout belt is two-ply; most entry-level treadmills have thinner belts that are more prone to wear. Finally, another above-average feature is the motor. It isn’t high-powered for jogging or running, but it does carry a lifetime warranty.
In our review the XTERRA TRX2500 treadmill is a top value for lower budgets, although the 3500 and 4500 models are better values. These are sale priced under $1,000 and provide significant upgrades for little extra cost.
What We Like:
- Low Price: This trainer is among the lowest-priced home treadmills for 2018. It has above-average features for its sale price.
- Attractive Design: A good-looking addition to your exercise room, the TRX2500 is sleek and takes up relatively little space for a home treadmill. Its footprint measures about 6’ long and 3’ wide.
- Folding Frame: Folding XTERRA treadmills can have their decks folded upward, or stored vertically, to free up floor space. LiftAssist hydraulics make folding the frame quick, safe and easy.
- Two-Ply Exercise Belt: The treadbelt is two-ply and visibly thicker than those of most other discount treadmills. Thick belts help treadmills run quietly and also minimize the need for basic machine maintenance.
- Power Incline: Power incline buttons let you exercise at up to 10 percent grade. This choice is beneficial for faster calorie burn and better muscle toning in comparison with walking at zero degrees.
- Preset Workout Routines: Preset programs can control the machine’s speed and incline to help you use exercise time efficiently. The console computer holds 22 preset workout routines with good variety, including a program for heart rate, and lets you save an additional two custom-made routines. You can also use the trainer in manual mode.
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitoring: The XTERRA TRX2500 is compatible with a wireless chest strap, sold separately. With a heart rate workout program the console computer can use your pulse data to control the intensity of the treadmill’s speed and incline.
- Quick Controls: Controls for speed and incline are built into the handlebars as well as the console.
- Adjustable Cushioning: This treadmill is among few in its price class to feature two settings for shock deflection. You can adjust the deck’s firmness by sliding a switch built into the deck.
- Guarantee: XTERRA sells their home fitness equipment with 60-day money back guarantees.
XTERRA TRX2500 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Running Area:||20" x 55"|
|Top Speed:||0-10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||72" L x 35.5" W x 56.1" H|
- Plastic Parts: While some parts of this discount treadmill are above average quality for the class, others are less robust. An example is plastic siderails instead of metal siderails.
- Warranty on Parts & Labor: XTERRA gives lifetime warranties for all its new treadmill frames and motors. However, for this budget model the parts and labor are only backed for a year.
The new XTERRA TRX2500 is a sturdy folding treadmill with above-average durability for its class. It supplies a good variety of training programs, and it looks sleek when in use or folded to save floor space. Favorite features include power incline for muscle toning and extra calorie burn, and wireless telemetry for cardio-focused exercise sessions.
For just an extra $100 the TRX3500 is a better value… but if you’re committed to spending less than $800 on a treadmill for walking, the new XTERRA TRX2500 is among the best options.