XTERRA TRX2500 Review
The XTERRA TRX2500 is a high-value home treadmill with 30-day money back guarantee. Its discount price on the XTERRA website is just $1,099 (full price $1,499), and a coupon code is sometimes posted there, too.
This model is the cheapest treadmill in the XTERRA Performance Series for 2021, which also includes the heavier-duty TRX3500, TRX4500, and TRX5500 models. Key features of the TRX2500, especially its 55”-long track and 2.25 HP drive, make it primarily a treadmill for walkers.
Compared with other treadmills at this price point, the XTERRA TRX2500 is durable and well equipped. Highlights include a 10% power incline, 24 preset exercise programs, and stereo speakers. It also has an easy-to-fold frame. Notably the workout belt is two-ply; most entry-level treadmills have thinner belts that are more prone to wear. The motor is above-average. It isn’t high-powered for jogging or running, but it does carry a lifetime warranty.
What We Like:
- Excellent Value: This trainer is among the highest value home treadmills for 2021. It has above-average features for its sale price.
- Attractive Design: A good-looking addition to your exercise room, the TRX2500 is sleek and takes up relatively little space for a home treadmill. Its footprint measures about 6’ long and 3’ wide.
- Folding Frame: Folding XTERRA treadmills can have their decks folded upward, or stored vertically, to free up floor space. LiftAssist hydraulics make folding the frame quick, safe and easy.
- Two-Ply Exercise Belt: The treadbelt is two-ply and visibly thicker than those of most other discount treadmills. Thick belts help treadmills run quietly and also minimize the need for basic machine maintenance.
- Power Incline: Power incline buttons let you exercise at up to 10 percent grade. This choice is beneficial for faster calorie burn and better muscle toning in comparison with walking at zero degrees.
- Preset Workout Routines: Preset programs can control the machine’s speed and incline to help you use exercise time efficiently. The console computer holds 22 preset workout routines with good variety, including a program for heart rate, and lets you save an additional two custom-made routines. You can also use the trainer in manual mode.
- Easy-to-Read Display: While the 5.5″ LCD blue/backlit display isn’t a large screen, it’s clear and has large digit display.
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitoring: The XTERRA TRX2500 is compatible with a wireless chest strap, sold separately. With a heart rate workout program the console computer can use your pulse data to control the intensity of the treadmill’s speed and incline.
- Quick Controls: Controls for speed and incline are built into the handlebars as well as the console.
- Adjustable Cushioning: This treadmill is among few in its price class to feature two settings for shock deflection. You can adjust the deck’s firmness by sliding a switch built into the deck.
- Audio Jack: The audio jack makes it easy to connect your favorite devices.
- Extras: You’re covered with plenty of extras to make your workout as effective as possible including a cooling fan, accessory tray, cup holder, and tablet holder.
- Quick Assembly: While it can easily take hours to assemble a treadmill, the TRX2500 only takes around 30-45 minutes to setup.
- Simple Transport: Transportation wheels make it easy to move the machine around the room.
- Guarantee: XTERRA sells their home fitness equipment with 30-day money back guarantees.
XTERRA TRX2500 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Running Area:||20" x 55"|
|Top Speed:||0-10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||72.3" L x 35.5" W x 56.1" H|
- Plastic Parts: While some parts of this discount treadmill are above average quality for the class, others are less robust. An example is plastic side rails instead of metal side rails.
- No Bluetooth or USB Port: While the audio jack is nice, Bluetooth would be add a more modern touch. Furthermore, addition of a USB port would improve compatibility.
- High Maintenance: The TRX2500 requires lubrication every 180 hours of use.
- Warranty on Parts & Labor: XTERRA gives lifetime warranties for all its new treadmill frames and motors. However, for this budget model the parts and labor are only backed for a year.
The new XTERRA TRX2500 is a sturdy folding treadmill with above-average durability for its class. It supplies a good variety of training programs, and it looks sleek when in use or folded to save floor space. Favorite features include power incline for muscle toning and extra calorie burn, and wireless telemetry for cardio-focused exercise sessions.
For just an extra $200 the TRX3500 is a better value… but if you’re committed to spending around $1,000 on a treadmill for walking, the new XTERRA TRX2500 is among the best options.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the main differences between the XTERRA TRX2500, TRX3500, and TRX4500 treadmills?
As you work your way up the Performance Series ladder from TRX2500-4500, the price goes up along with the features. You get what you pay for. For starters, the TRX2500 motor is 2.25 HP. This increases to 3 HP for the TRX3500 and tops out at 3.25 HP for the TRX4500 model. Other features that progressively improve in quality include incline variance, Bluetooth capability, number of programs, console display size, and warranty.
How is XTERRA's customer service?
Fitness companies aren’t known for exceptional customer service. However, XTERRA is among the best in terms of responsiveness and willingness to help. You can reach them on the phone from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST, and emails are backed with a guaranteed response within one business day.
How do I lubricate the XTERRA TRX2500 treadmill?
Before adding lubricant, clean out the area between the deck and belt using a light towel or rag. This ensures there’s no debris present. Hold the treadmill belt up and apply the first half of an XTERRA-approved lubricant bottle starting about a foot away from the motor cover to about six inches from the edge in an “S” pattern. The second half of the bottle can then be applied to the other side in the same manner. Turn the treadmill on, and run the belt at a medium speed for at least five minutes to ensure even distribution. You can then reset the “Lube” message on your display by holding the “Enter” button for three seconds.
Is the XTERRA TRX2500 treadmill quiet?
As long as you follow the guidelines on the frequency of adding lubrication to the TRX2500, it runs relatively quiet.
What are the dimensions of the XTERRA TRX2500 when folded?
48.3” L x 61” H