The XTERRA TRX4500 Treadmill with Bluetooth for data sharing is this year’s premium home treadmill from XTERRA Fitness. If you’re set on spending less than $1K for your treadmill, then this machine might be your best buy. Although full price is $1,799 you can own the TRX4500 for $999 or maybe less; sometimes XTERRA shows coupon codes worth $75. In any case the factory-direct sale price includes delivery, a wireless heart rate transmitter and a competitive warranty for parts and labor.
This 2018 cardio trainer is top-of-the-line in a discount series. It’s a great option for runners and walkers alike, and the TRX4500 looks more attractive than other low-budget treadmills; aluminum rails lend it a classier look and extra durability. Runners will appreciate the 3.25 HP motor and on/off cushioning, and all trainees can benefit from incline training with settings up to 15 percent. The incline is automated and has control buttons on the treadmill handlebars as well as the console.
XTERRA tops this fitness machine with its best console, which features a backlit 7.5” data screen and 30 preset training programs. These are categorized as “Speed” and “Incline” treadmill routines, and each program can run for five to 99 minutes. Additionally two users can save profiles with customized workouts.
Bluetooth is aboard for syncing your smartphone (Android or iOS) with the XTERRA Fitness tracking app. This free mobile app is compatible with iPhone’s built-in iHealth app as well as apps by FitBit and other third parties.
This cardio trainer is sized like the cheaper XTERRA TRX3500, but it features a slightly more powerful motor and is reinforced with aluminum rails. Unfolded the TRX4500 has a footprint about 77” long and three feet wide. It weighs 220.5 pounds.
What We Like:
- Low Price: The XTERRA TRX4500 Treadmill is often sale priced just $999 including shipping. Sometimes an additional discount is posted at XTERRA’s website. A wireless chest strap is included and all the workout programs are on-board, so there are no extra costs except for machine lubricant.
- Attractive Design: This model is the only XTERRA treadmill that’s reinforced with aluminum rails instead of thick plastic alternatives. At 220 pounds the 4500 isn’t portable, but the machine looks sleek when you fold it to reclaim floor space.
- Folding Frame: The TRX4500 is a folding treadmill. With hydraulics it folds automatically if you start lifting the deck. The running surface stores vertically for storage and then drops softly back to the floor when unlocked for your next workout.
- Two-Ply Exercise Belt: XTERRA treadmill belts are two-ply, which isn’t the norm for their price class. Compared with single-ply belts these help the machines operate more quietly.
- Power Incline: This treadmill makes it easy to get the special calorie-burning and muscle toning benefits of incline training. It has power incline with a maximum 15 percent slope.
- Convenient Controls: Quick controls for speed and incline (ten choices each) are built into the console. You can also make adjustments with up/down buttons built into the handlebars.
- Adjustable Cushioning: The tread deck features two settings for shock deflection, which is a rare option in this price class. You can exercise with a firmer road-like surface or activate the cushioning for more impact absorption than you get from a paved outdoor track.
- Built-In Workout Programs: Thirty programs are preset to control the track speed and incline. The default workout time is 30 minutes, and you can adjust the settings from five to 99 minutes. Each user can save two customized workout routines. This model supports two user profiles.
- Wireless Heart Rate Transmitter: The TRX4500 Treadmill is shipped with a chest strap for convenient and accurate heart rate monitoring. A preset heart rate control program can adjust the workout challenge to help you exercise at your target heart rate. The default has you train at 60 percent of theoretical capacity.
- Guarantee: XTERRA fitness machines have 60-day money back guarantees.
XTERRA TRX4500 - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 15%|
|Running Area:||20" W x 60" L|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||77.2" L x 35.5" W x 56.1" H|
- Maintenance Required: XTERRA treadmills require track lubrication for smooth operation. As an owner you will also need to occasionally tighten the workout belt, as it will stretch with use. For comparison high-end treadmills have maintenance-free tracks… but these machines tend to priced over $2,000.
- Delivery Time: XTERRA treadmills can only be delivered on weekdays. The available delivery windows might not be convenient for your schedule.
Easily a recommended buy for cost-cutting shoppers, the XTERRA TRX4500 is deluxe and very durable for a treadmill under $1,000. It’s strong enough for runners, and it offers steep power incline for faster calorie burn at any workout pace. We also like how all the training programs are on-board and easily customized… and how Bluetooth data export is available for two user profiles. Bundled with a free five-year deck warranty and free in-home labor, XTERRA’s best treadmill arrives ready to please! We predict that this fitness machine will help XTERRA become a more dominant name in home fitness over the next few years.