Yowza Siesta (Folding)
What We Like
- Powerful Motor: The Siesta’s 2.5 HP continuous duty motor provides ample power for long walks and light jogging. Its flywheel is specially balanced to provide smooth, quiet operation. Want a treadmill for running instead? The Yowza Sebring is a folding treadmill with a 3.0 HP motor.
- Ergonomic Console with Extras: The Siesta’s ergonomically designed console supports “quick-start” exercise programs and entertainment. Convenient buttons let you start exercising right away and adjust the treadmill’s speed, resistance and incline as you go. The blue blacklit display is easy to read. You’ll also get a cup holder, heart rate monitors, two three-speed fans, and an MP3 jack with a high-fidelity speaker system.
- Audio Entertainment: The Siesta’s MP3 port includes a convenient iPod-sized shelf. High fidelity speakers are built into the machine to help exercise time fly by.
- Heart Rate Monitors: Trainees can be sure to stay in their target heart rate zones by using the wireless or hand-grip pulse monitors. A heart rate control program even interacts with the wireless transmitter to automatically adjust workout intensity.
- Great Program Variety: In addition to getting an innovative heart rate control program, customers get fifteen 30-minute and 45-minute speed interval programs, four additional pre-set programs, three distance programs and a weight loss workout.
- Low Maintenance Deck: With three layers of lamination, the Yowza Siesta deck is designed for a lifetime of virtually maintenance-free use. Decks on lower-quality treadmills require regular lubrication.
- Excellent Shock Absorption: Three main features help to provide trainees’ joints. First, the Siesta has a floating deck with multi-durometer elastomer rings. Second, it has variable cushioning. This provides firm support where trainees push off the track and more cushioning where they land. Third, the 2012 model also has swing-arm technology. This involves the deck’s rocking slightly to further absorb impact.
- Folding Design: The treadmill can be folded to save space in your home. A gas-assisted lifting system makes folding easy.
- Warranty: Yowza’s generous standard warranty leads the industry. It includes a lifetime guarantee on the motor and frame, 5 years on parts, and 2 years of in-home labor. Three-year, four-year and five-year service plans can be purchased too. Furthermore, buyers get a 60-day money back guarantee and 90 days of price protection.
What We Don’t Like
- Track: The Yowza Siesta track is 55”Lx20”W. This is too short for taller trainees, especially those who want a treadmill for jogging.
While the Siesta is Yowza’s cheapest folding treadmill, our treadmill review is glowing! This unit has all the basics to support healthy exercise: a capable motor, a joint-protecting track and excellent programming. Plus, it offers little luxuries such as fans and a speaker system. Finally, like all Yowza treadmills, it’s sold with a best-in-class warranty package. The Yowza Siesta treadmill is highly recommended for walkers and joggers weighing up to 300 pounds.