What We Like:
- Motor: The Smyrna’s quiet 3.0 HP continuous duty motor provides excellent power for runners.
- Console: The Smyrna’s ergonomically designed console has a quick start button, single-touch resistance adjustment, and quick speed/incline control buttons. You’ll also find cup holders, hi-fidelity speakers, an iPod dock, and a 3-speed fan. A grip pulse monitor and wireless heart rate monitors are included too.
- Tracks: The Smyrna track is 60”x20”, which is long enough and wide enough for all but the largest runners. Its “whisper-quiet” multi-ply track provides better durability than the single-ply tracks used by other companies.
- Deck: With triple phenolic lamination, the reversible Yowza Smyrna deck is designed for a lifetime of virtually maintenance-free use. The floating deck with elastomer rings provides great shock absorption.
- Warranties: Yowza’s excellent standard warranty includes: a lifetime guarantee on the motor and frame; 5 years on parts; and 2 years of in-home labor. Additional service plans are offered for a fee.
What We Don’t Like:
The Smyrna’s console is easy to use, but it’s also pretty basic. The red digital readout is hardly a hallmark of 2014 technology. For comparison, NordicTrack offers a 7″ full-color screen on its affordable Commercial 1750. You can also attach your iPad.
The Smyrna treadmill combines high-quality basics with entertaining extras. The long track, high fidelity sound system, and superior shock absorption system provide excellent value. Like all Yowza treadmills, it’s sold with a best-in-class warranty package.