Train without pain! The joint-friendly ZR7 Zero Runner by Octane Fitness is a high performance alternative to treadmills for runners. Suspending the entire body, this unique fitness machine eliminates the harsh impact normally associated with running. It supports zero impact training for anyone’s natural running gait, plus it functions as an elliptical machine and stair stepper. Versatility, efficiency and comfort are key points.
The impressive ergonomics on Octane Zero Runners include innovative pedal design. On most cardo trainers the pedals move in tandem, but the Zero Runner supports more realistic movement. Pedals on the ZR7 move independently from each other to perfectly support natural motion as you climb, stride, glide or run. The ZR7 can accommodate steps up to 58″ long.
Besides being versatile for lower body training, for total body training the ZR7 is loaded with Cross Circuit workouts. These prompt you for strength and resistance training with your arms. Unlike the ZR8 though, the ZR7 does not having moving arm bars.
Octane’s impressive workout technology adapts with your performance to help you stay on track to meet session goals, and Gait Analysis helps you maintain good form. A great variety of workouts are available wirelessly with the SmartLink fitness app, which also tracks workout statistics.
The combination of zero impact and total body movement makes the Octane ZR7 an extraordinarily efficient calorie burner. This versatile treadmill alternative can serve well for weight management, strength training, muscle sculpting, cardio training and endurance training.
What We Like:
Here are some appealing qualities of the Octane Zero Runner ZR7:
- Multipurpose: The ZR7 is sometimes called a hybrid fitness machine. It can serve as a stair climber, elliptical and treadmill alternative.
- Zero Impact: Unlike regular running, running with Octane fitness equipment involves zero joint compression. The ZR7’s zero impact design minimizes the risks of discomfort and injury from exercise.
- Bluetooth© for Workouts: A Bluetooth© connection is included for tracking workout stats and accessing an extensive collection of SmartLink workouts. Among SmartLink’s many options are video tutorials for hundreds of exercises and personalized exercise plans for 30, 60 and 90 days.
- Tablet Holders: Two tablet computers holders are provided on different areas of the machine. Tablet computers can be used for showing workouts with SmartLink or other apps as well as for entertainment and multitasking.
- Cardio Feedback: Octane Zero Runners are set up for wireless and contact heart rate monitoring. Wireless chest straps are sold separately, and we recommend using the wireless option for the greatest accuracy and convenience. Compatible wireless chest strap options are Bluetooth 4.0, ANT+ and Polar.
- Gait Analyzer: Zero Runners have a feature called Gait Analysis to promote healthy posture, which in turn promotes endurance. This technology alerts you when your form starts to slump.
- Strength Training: Free weights up to 32 pounds and resistance bands for strength training are available on Octane’s website. These can be used with cross-training workout programs designed for the Zero Runner.
- Home-Friendly: The ZR7 is more compact than traditional home treadmills; it’s just over five feet long and three feet wide. This machine also has a low step-on height and can be used in rooms with lower ceilings. Its cordless design gives owners lots of options for setup location and attached transport wheels make the machine easy to move.
- Bottle Holder: A water bottle holder is conveniently placed to make hydration easy during workouts.
- Good Warranty: Octane’s competitive warranty package provides lifetime protection for the Zero Runner ZR7 frame plus five years for parts and one year for labor.
Octane Zero Runner ZR7 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||63" L x 38" W x 58" H|
|Built-In Programs:||35 Programs|
Here are some potential drawbacks of choosing this treadmill alternative.
- Does Not Fold: Unlike some home treadmills, Octane Zero Runners can’t be folded for storage or transport. The ZR7’s footprint is 38″ wide and 63″ long, which is a bit smaller than that of a typical home treadmill for runners.
- Price: With an MSRP over $3,000, this unit costs more than the most popular home treadmills for runners.
See Octane’s Video of the Zero Runner
The Octane ZR7 is an ideal treadmill alternative for runners who can’t always train outdoors or are especially proactive about avoiding exercise-related injury. The Zero Runner is wonderfully versatile and is equipped with innovative technologies to make the most of training. If this unit fits your budget, then in our review it deserves a top spot on your list of cardio trainer finalists.