The Bowflex Trainer M6 is all about a high intensity, low impact workout. This machine boasts design and motion emulates a stair stepper combined with an elliptical machine. It allows for a full body workout – toning quads, calves, shins and butts while building cardio endurance, all done efficiently and effectively.
The Bowflex M6, along with the M8, are the first to be launched with the new Bowflex Max Intelligence App. Although over the last year, most new machines are being built with apps to sync to your smartphone and tablets, this app has one significant difference from its competitors: it functions with an artificial intelligence platform. This means while in sync with the M6, the app will assess your fitness level and suggest workouts that will get you to your goals, each and every time you use the machine. It’s similar to what a personal trainer would do for you, keeping track and keeping you on pace. The app subscription is an additional fee to the cost of the M6. It has 29 instructor led videos, 17 are offered free and another 12 for paid subscribers along with personalized workouts. The subscription is $149 annually or $14.95 monthly.
The videos will be sure to give a challenging workout to everyone when synced with the 16 levels of resistance. That means you’ll be hard pressed to plateau on the machine even if you are advanced. High intensity workouts are a guarantee, if you so choose. It’s good for conditioning and training for other athletic activities.
Manage and maintain your vitals with the unique burn rate display that counts your calories burned while increasing your activity level. The heart rate monitor is an easy integrated model you can grip as you step/glide along. And whether you are focused on a full body or lower body workout, the multi-grip handles make for comfortable movements.
It’s programmed to follow and track the progress of two users. Smartphones and tablets are stored on the easily accessible media rack.
What We Like:
The Max Trainer M6 has lots of great points:
- Compact: It is small enough to fit in any home gym while in use or in a corner stored away.
- Low impact/full body workout: The design reflects the movements of an elliptical and a stairmaster, the combination makes for a great upper body and low impact workout.
- 16 levels of resistance: The wide range of levels makes it useable for beginners and advanced fitness levels. Advanced exercisers will not outperform the challenges of the upper levels too soon.
- Bowflex Max Intelligence platform-enabled: The App’s use of artificial intelligence to assess and suggest workouts to attain fitness goals.
- Maximum user weight: 300 lbs., with the general population weighing less than 300 lbs., it will securely accommodate most users.
- Track up to two users workouts: Your progress and workouts will be recorded and easily monitored under your personal identification.
- Burn rate monitor: Easy view of calories burned throughout workout.
- Heart rate monitor: Integrated touch reading.
Bowflex Max Trainer M6 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||49" L x 30.5" W x 65.5" H|
- Warranty: The frame and parts are for three years and labor for 90 days. 90 days is short, especially with the fact that the app is a paid subscription and users will actively be using their Max M6 regularly
The Bowflex M6 is a great value purchase. The resistance levels, being so vast, make it a piece of gym equipment that will challenge all fitness levels for years. It’s nice and compact – sexy, if a piece of machine can be called that – it will fit in most home gyms. The whole family can use it being that it will stably manage anyone up to 300 lbs. What we really like about this version is the introduction of the Bowflex Intelligence App and the fact that it assesses and makes recommendations on your fitness program. It’s really like having a personal trainer guiding you on your fitness journey. The only thing we can really see as a negative with the M6 is the warranty. Considering the subscription is going to be a continuing expense, and likely continued use of the machine, the labor warranty could also have been extended. Overall the Bowflex Trainer M6 is an amazing machine and will work for anyone looking for high intensity low impact workouts.