This model is equipped with a 3.0 HP commercial-grade motor and can withstand user weights up to 350 pounds. The EnergyReturn Cushioning creates a comfortable and supportive running area and the 2-ply commercial tread belt rests on large 2.5″ precision balanced rollers that are located at both ends of the belt. All of these features work toward a model has a comfortable, friction-free operation. The running area is a comfortable 20″ x 60″ as well.
Run or walk on this model from speeds ranging from 0 to 12 mph, and enjoy both an incline and decline feature. The A30T provides an incline of up to 15% and declines to -3%. You can make easy speed or incline/decline changes using the Quick-Touch keys located on the console, along with the other one-touch keys. The 7″ high-definition black and white screen will show you the basic workout readouts and also comes with 30 workout apps and iFit compatibility, as well as 2 user Ids. The browser is powered by Android. Other console amenities include full audio functions, a 4″ fan and a water bottle holder.
The warranty on this model includes lifetime coverage on the frame and motor, with 3 years on parts and 1 year on labor.
What We Like:
- Folding Design: This model is equipped with a SpaceSaver Design that uses Easy Lift Assist Technology. Folding treadmills are excellent for in-home use, and this model offers an easy-to-use folding frame.
- Safety Features: With SafeZone Technology, an alert is sent and the treadmill is automatically shut-down if a child or pet approaches the treadmill from the rear. This is a unique feature that is great for people with small children or pets.
- Decline Capability: A decline option is an excellent feature that not all treadmills will offer. This model will decline from -3 to 0%, which is beneficial for anyone who wants to simulate varying terrain.
- Program Variety: This model wows in the workout program department. With an impressive 30 built-in workout programs and two personalized user Ids, it’s easy to get individualized workout results, no matter your fitness goals.
- iFit Compatibility: In addition to great program variety, this model is also iFit compatible, but the subscription is sold separately. iFit is a program that allows users to download hundreds of professionally designed workouts, a workout builder program, and even access Google Maps for unique routes.
- Price: This model is well under the $1500 price point, making it a budget-friendly treadmill for most people.
- Warranty: We always like to see lifetime warranties, and this model comes with lifetime coverage on both the frame and the motor.
What We Don’t Like:
- Display Screen: The display screen dimensions aren’t terrible at 7 inches, but it is a bit of a crowded display and can be difficult to read.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Though this model is equipped to work with a wireless chest strap receiver, the chest strap is not included. You can however use the dual-grips built into the handlebars.
This is a pretty reliable treadmill with some nice comfort and performance features. It’s affordable and features a folding design, so it’s an ideal piece of equipment for in-home use, and the console offers some advanced tracking options like iFit compatibility (subscription sold separately), making it easy to track fitness goals. When purchasing a folding frame treadmill, durability is everything so be sure to make sure the deck is sturdy and not too thin or lightweight. For example, the Sole F80 is a multiple best buy award-winner that features a powerful motor and large running area.