What We Like:
- Motor: The 790 Interactive has a 4.2 CHP motor. That’s powerful enough for marathon trainers, yet it’s virtually silent. The motor has a lifetime warranty.
- Wireless heartrate monitor: If you’re going to do cardio training, it makes sense to track your heartrate – and this treadmill makes it easy. Grip pulse monitors and a more accurate Polar® wireless heartrate monitoring system are included. If you use iFit, you can digitally track your heartrate over the long term.
- Workouts: Choose from 36 workout apps! Each can be started with the press of one button; there’s no need to scroll and fiddle with settings. Each app has a preset speed, time, distance and incline combination. The 790 Interactive Treadmill also has two high-def video workouts. These were filmed with a personal trainer in beautiful Hawaiian settings.
- Audio: A set of 3” speakers (Intermix Acoustics 3.0) lets you stream MP3s during workouts. You could also listen to YouTube videos, watch Netflix, etc. and get crisp, clear sound.
- Android browser: Keep up with Facebook friends, email, sports and more – all from your 10” treadmill screen with Android Internet browser.
- HDTV: Welcome to the future! The high-def treadmill TV stays still even as you reach top speed. Get lost in a program and forget the burn.
- iFit option: The treadmill truly becomes the “790 Interactive” when you activate iFit. You can actually race against your Facebook friends online, for example, or map running routes with Google Maps. The treadmill will adjust to mimic the charted terrain!
- Incline/Decline: The 790’s track can incline up to 15% and decline by 3%. Incline training relieves pressure on joints, helps stimulate different muscle fibers than usual, and boosts your metabolic rate. Just a few degrees can make a big difference in workout effectiveness.
- Track: Compared with the entry-level 730, the 790 treadmill has a more cushioned track to protect runners’ joints. It’s 60” long and 20” wide.
- Warranty: The FreeMotion Fitness 790 treadmill is backed by a lifetime frame and motor warranty, a five-year parts warranty and a two-year labor warranty.
What We Don’t Like:
- Delivery Time: “What we don’t like” is a section in all our treadmill reviews. Normally we have serious criticisms or can offer a minor complaint. The FreeMotion 790 seems beyond reproach in terms of quality and value. The delivery time might be disappointing though; last we checked, the estimated delivery time was 6-10 weeks.
Make yourself happy with the FreeMotion Fitness 790 Treadmill! This machine is great for your body and will keep your brain entertained. Connect with your friends or zone out and connect with “nature” as you virtually work out on Hawaiian beaches or with Google Maps trails.
The price is very reasonable for all that’s provided – plus, parts are protected for five years. Opt for the FreeMotion Interactive 790 and you could be set well into the 2020s!