Landice L970 Club Pro Sports Trainer Review
What We Like
- Sports Console – The Pro Sports Trainer console builds on Landice’s basic model by adding wireless heart rate control. Contact heart rate control is also available. Five preset workouts are included and there’s space for trainees to save five user-designed workouts too.
- Roomy Treadbelt – The Landice L970 Club Treadmill has a 63” treadbelt to let all but the tallest runners reach a full stride. It’s 22” wide. In contrast, typical treadbelts measure about 55”x20”. This treadbelt also stands out for its shock absorption and durability.
- Incline – The track can incline 12% to help simulate road running and provide more challenging workouts.
- Powerful Motors – This model houses an American-made 3.0 HP (4.0 CHP) motor. The motor supports a high speed of 11 mph and can operate at top speed for 15 minutes without overheating. Additionally, the L970 Club also has a powerful secondary motor for the incline. With 1,000 pounds of thrust, it provides smooth elevation and declination even at top speeds.
- iPod Pocket – A special iPod-sized non-slip pocket is built into the console for convenience.
- High Capacity – The Landice L970 Club Treadmill has a 500-pound user weight capacity.
- Excellent Warranty – Commercial and residential owners of this cardio trainer get the following warranty package: five years on the frame, motor, and other parts plus one year of labor regardless of how much the treadmill is used.
The L970 Club Treadmill with a Pro Sports console is a top-of-the-line option for busy commercial settings. That said, it isn’t much different from the cheaper L870. Unless you need the extra user weight capacity, consider choosing the Landice L870 instead of the L970 – and spend the extra money on a fancy Landice console or Internet workstation.