Life Fitness T5-0
What We Like
- Overall quality: Life Fitness home treadmills include commercial-grade parts such as pre-lubricated tracks, large rollers that extend track life, and advanced motors.
- Track: The T5-0 has a long and extra-wide 60”x22” track. It also provides excellent shock absorption with its patented FlexDeck system. Compared with other treadmills, Life Fitness treadmills reduce the impact to joints by almost 30%.
- Consoles: The T5-0’s deluxe console includes 12 workout programs and lets users design and save custom workouts. Two user profiles can be saved, and a Quick Start system remembers users’ previous workouts. The console’s buttons are ergonomically placed, back-lit, and feature easy-to-use TouchSensor technology. The T5-0 also has a built-in reading rack and dual accessory trays.
- Heart monitor: A wireless heart monitor chest strap can be used in conjunction with the T5-0’s patented HeartSync heart rate controlled workouts.
- Motor: The Life Fitness T5-0, like all Life Fitness’s treadmills, features a quiet MagnaDrive™ Motor System that detects user weight and adjusts motor output accordingly. With 3.0 CHP, its motor is suitable for runners and multiple daily users.
- Warranties: The T5-0 is sold with a lifetime warranty on the frame and shock absorbers, a 10-year warranty on the motor, a seven-year warranty on the electrical and mechanical parts, and a year of labor.
What We Don’t Like
- Price: Life Fitness treadmills are not economy-priced machines. The T3 has an MSRP of $3699.
The T5-0 is an excellent home treadmill that’s guaranteed to provide years of comfortable and varied training. Overall, the T5-0’s attractive and ergonomic console, cushioned deck, and quiet but powerful motor provide an excellent blend of form and function. This model includes a few upgrades over the Life Fitness T3, such as a wireless heart monitor, a heavier capacity (400 pounds versus 350 pounds), and a wider track. However, these features might not be worth the extra cost to some users