Matrix treadmill owner’s choose from three consoles: the XR, the XER, and the XIR. Each console has a different screen size, workout menu, and suite of special features to enhance workout time. The top two consoles (XER and XIR) have full-color touchscreen displays that support Virtual Active video workouts. These immersive workouts virtually transport the viewer to scenic tourist destinations in North America and Europe (and the sights and sounds adjust with the exerciser’s intensity!). For the best simulation these videos can be sent to a big screen TV through the Passport Player (sold separately). Additionally the best Matrix treadmill consoles include more than a dozen popular mobile apps for social media, fitness tracking, entertainment, and more.
This trainer is ready to handle a household’s cardio training hassle-free for many years. Just like commercial treadmills, the Matrix T70 has a 400-pound user weight capacity at speeds up to 12.5 mph. Its industry-leading home warranty includes seven years of parts replacement, and much of the treadmill is under lifetime warranty. Typical online sale prices range from $3,799 to $4,599 depending on console selection.
What We Like:
- Track Quality: Extra width on the T70 treadmill track makes it the most spacious cardio trainer in its series. The track measures 60″ long x 22″ wide to accommodate large and tall runners. The belt is high quality as well. It’s two-ply, 2.2 mm thick, and designed to operate maintenance-free. Most other home treadmill belts, including those on other Matrix home models, require occasional waxing. Not this one. You’ll never need to worry about this belt.
- Custom Consoles: The T70 and other Matrix home treadmills are sold with a choice of consoles: the XR, the XER, and the XIR. Each has a reading rack, bottle holders, a wireless heart rate receiver, and other conveniences. Additionally the XER and XIR have speakers, touchscreen displays, and apps for training, fitness tracking, social media, and weather. The XIR also has a web browser.
- Virtual Active With Passport: The Matrix T70 is available with interactive workouts through Virtual Active. Three Virtual Active workouts are included with the XER and XIR consoles, and others are sold at JohnsonFit.com. These workouts sync the intensity of training with scenic sights and coordinated audio. See the view on your treadmill screen or use a Passport Player to send video to your own big-screen TV. Some destinations in the Passport library include the French Riviera, the American Southwest, and Venice.
- Cushioning: The T70 treadmill makes running much gentler on the joints compared with training on pavement or grass. It has a 1″ thick deck with industrial quality cushioning.
- Incline: The Matrix T70 has automated incline settings that tilt the track by up to 15%. The power incline is especially engaging when used with the Virtual Active workouts.
- High Speed: Top speed on all Matrix home treadmills is 12.5 mph.
- Wireless Heart Rate: Grip pulse sensors are built into the machine’s aluminum handrails. Additionally all three Matrix consoles have wireless pulse receivers.
- Speakers: Matrix treadmills are available with speakers and iPod/iPhone connections. Use the treadmill speakers with your own MP3 player or use the T70’s built-in apps like YouTube, Netflix, and Hulu.
- Motor: The 3.0 horsepower AC motor is commercial grade and the best of any in the Matrix home treadmill collection.
- Warranty: The T70 is sold with a competitive home warranty including lifetime protection for the frame, motor, and cushioning; seven years for parts; and two years for labor. Matrix consoles have five-year warranties.
Matrix T70 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12.5 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||400 LBS|
|Dimensions:||79.1" L x 36" W x 60.2" H|
- Heavy: Matrix treadmills aren’t easy to move. The T70 weighs 304 pounds not including the console. So once this machine is set up, it’s not going anywhere easily.
- Extra Expense: Enjoying Virtual Active videos on a large screen requires the separate purchase of a Passport Media Player.
The Matrix T70 treadmill brings commercial quality to your home gym. Its quiet industrial-grade motor hums with excellence and the maintenance-free belt virtually eliminates upkeep. Extra power and width make it the best fit for serious runners and larger trainees. Granted, if you don’t need the aforementioned benefits (industrial-grade motor, maintenance-free belt and extra width) then the lower-priced Matrix T50 might be a better buy. However, anyone seeking a little luxury in their home gym will proudly train on the T70 for years to come.