What We Like
- Workout programs: The NordicTrack 4500 Reflex Pro treadmill is packed with preset programs: 14 performance workouts, 6 distance workouts, and 6 weight-loss workouts. It also features a Competition Training Center where people can race against digital opponents. To race against real exercise opponents – Facebook friends – customers can activate the iFit system. This requires wireless Internet, an iFit adaptor, and an iFit membership. (Membership is usually included with the adaptor.) With iFit, customers can also download additional workouts and benefit from virtual personal training with The Biggest Loser’s Jillian Michaels.
- LCD Display: A 7” window shows workout data in full color – and since it’s touch-screen, it’s especially easy for a trainee to navigate through options.
- Long incline: The Reflex 4500 Pro has a quiet 55″ x 20″ treadbelt. For extra calorie burning, it can be inclined up to 15%.
- Deck: The treadmill’s special Reflex Cushioning provides a firm push-off section and more cushioning where runners land.
- Motor: The 4500 has a 3.0 HP commercial-grade motor. It’s specially designed to vibrate less than other motors for ultra-quiet operation.
- Audio: An iPod dock and 3.0 Intermix Acoustics speakers provide an excellent sound system.
- Space-saving: NordicTrack’s SpaceSaver design enables the treadmill to fold vertically and conserve space.
- Warranty: NordicTrack’s premier warranty package includes a lifetime guarantee on the motor and frame, 2 year of parts, and one year of in-home service.
The Reflex 4500 Pro isn’t the top of its series, but it’s a good buy for all but the tallest exercisers. Tall users might find that their stride is constricted unless they keep the machine inclined. Although the 4500 doesn’t include an iFit membership, it has enough preset workouts to keep people challenged and toned for years.
For a similar treadmill with a longer deck and iFit already included, get the NordicTrack Reflex Pro 8500 instead.