ProForm Performance 600c Review
What We Like:
- SpaceSaver Design: Each treadmill in the ProForm Performance series has the SpaceSaver design. You can easily tilt the deck upward to save floor space when the machine’s not in use.
- Workout Programs: Twenty-two workouts are included with purchase. These were designed by a certified personal trainer to target weight loss, speed, and distance goals. Even better, the 600c treadmill is wired for iFit Live. You can run along Google Maps trails that you design, work out with The Biggest Loser’s Jillian Michaels, automatically track your progress, compete in online races, and more!
- Automatic Incline: The 12% incline helps you burn calories quickly and stimulate different muscle fibers. Simply push a button to activate the incline motor. The incline will also adjust automatically when you use the built-in apps or iFit workouts.
- Track Length: The track length is just right for runners. Measuring 60″ x 20″, it’s long enough to accommodate almost any stride.
- Cushioning: Patented ProShox cushioning reduces stress on your joints by up to 28% compared to outdoor surfaces. This allows you train for longer periods and reduces the amount of recovery time that you’ll need between workouts.
- Heart Monitor: Pulse sensors are built into the handlebars. These are convenient, but not necessarily as accurate as the wireless monitors on more expensive treadmills.
- Audio: Listen to your favorite music or the latest podcasts through the treadmill’s dual 2″ speaker set by Intermix Acoustics.
- Motor: The 2.75 CHP motor has a lifetime warranty. It’s meant to support speeds up to 12 mph. We don’t have much confidence in the motor’s ability to stay quiet over the years, but it’s still a pretty good motor for the price.
- Racetrack Console: A 6″ display with backlighting depicts your progress around a quarter-mile racetrack. Stats displayed include distance, speed, time, calories burned, and incline.
- CoolAire Fan: This two-speed fan will keep you cool and comfortable during workouts.
- Warranty: You’ll get a lifetime warranty on the motor and frame, two years of coverage on parts, and one year of parts and labor. Not bad for a treadmill priced under $1,000.
ProForm Performance 600c Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 12%|
|Running Area:||20" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||79.62" L x 36.63" W x 59.25" H|
Despite all of the above, the overall value of this treadmill pales when compared to ProForm’s other models. For just $300 more, you could buy the ProForm 1450 with its 10” touchscreen that supports iFit.
The ProForm Performance 600c treadmill offers good value at this price point. It can support workouts at any speed and is loaded with features that will keep you motivated. Still, definitely check prices on the other ProForm models (the 900c and the 1450) before committing. Sale prices often pop up online for these machines and you could easily find one of the better models in this series for the same price. So shop around (or wait around) before committing to the ProForm Performance 600c.