iFit also lets you compete with runners from around the world – from home, anytime. To help you pick up the pace, you’ll get hands-free speed control (Bluetooth technology). A metronome is included too. You couldn’t find a better treadmill to prepare for race day!
You can access email, watch sports highlights, and use Facebook with this treadmill too. A 10″ color touchscreen, powerful motor and durable components help round out a classy product.
What We Like:
- Assembly Included: Assembling fitness equipment can be a time-consuming hassle, and especially when the equipment is as advanced as this marathon treadmill. Here ProForm includes assembly with the purchase price. That’s about a $200 value.
- iFit Included: iFit® technology is an industry-leading option available on ProForms and other select treadmill brands. It can virtually take you around the world when you draw a route on the console’s touchscreen with browser. Tapping into Google Maps™, it will automatically simulate every hill and dip. Plus, you can virtually train with Jillian Michaels, compete with friends, customize your workouts and do much more.
- Incline & decline: The Boston Marathon Treadmill 4.0 treadmill has a 20% incline and a 6% decline. These are motorized features and can be set to automatically adjust according to your route.
- Top Speed 15 MPH: This unit has an incredible top speed of 15 mph. Most home treadmills can only support 10 or 12 mph. It is compatible with a standard 15 amp home electrical circuit.
- SpeedRing: Adjust your pace without breaking stride. ProForm’s innovative SpeedRing™ technology connects a finger ring to Bluetooth. Without touching a button, you can tell the treadmill to slow down or pick up the pace in one-tenth mph increments.
- Cadence Coach: The Cadence Coach feature is like a metronome. A tone helps you stay in sync with your target rhythm to meet speed goals.
- Track: The long and extra-long running surface measures 20″ x 62″. It’s long enough for tall runners, and it’s extra-wide for those with that longer stride. The track moves along 2.5″ rollers, making it more durable than many other home treadmill tracks.
- On/Off Cushioning: The marathon treadmill gives you two cushioning options. Use Runners Flex™ Impact Control for full-length cushioning to reduce the impact on your joints. Or, switch the cushioning off for road-like simulation.
- Marathon Workouts: Training programs on this ProForm treadmill are designed to help you qualify for the Boston marathon. The Boston Athletic Association’s coaching staff actually contributed to program development. Marathon training programs are included for beginner, intermediate and advanced levels. Each of the three levels has a four-month and a five-month program.
- Touchscreen Console: ProForm’s 10″ full-color touchscreen has an Android™ browser. You can check email and even track your progress using Google Maps™ Street View!
- Motor: Train with the most powerful treadmill drive system available. The ProForm Commercial Pro motor has high-end bearings and brushes, high-grade wiring and insulation ratings, and a heat cut-off mechanism. It’s undergone testing and is balanced to be remarkably quiet. It has a lifetime guarantee.
- Two Fans: Be more comfortable and increase your endurance with help from two built-in 8″ cooling fans.
- Audio: Listen to music or podcasts as you work out! A smartphone port is built into the treadmill console. Audio streams through two 3″ speakers by Intermix Acoustics.
- High capacity: The ProForm Marathon Treadmill 4.0 has a maximum capacity of 400 pounds.
- Good warranty: This unit’s warranty includes: lifetime frame and motor, six years parts and electronics, and three years labor.
Official Boston Marathon Treadmill 4.0 - Key Specs:
|Incline:||-6 to 20%|
|Running Area:||20" x 62"|
|Top Speed:||15 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||400 LBS|
|Dimensions:||63.6" L x 36.8" W x 78.7" H|
|Built-In Programs:||Onboard Marathon Training|
- Price: This is one of the best home treadmills we’ve seen, and so it’s justifiably also one of the most expensive. ProForm makes things easier by letting you pay in installments over 18 months interest-free.
More Review Features of the Official Boston Marathon Treadmill 4.0 on video!
Go for it! The specs list on the Official Boston Marathon Treadmill 4.0 is one of the most appealing we’ve seen after writing hundreds of treadmill reviews. You won’t find a treadmill that’s better designed for marathon training and general fitness. You can also check out the slightly lesser model, the 3.0 and see if that one is a good fit for you. That one gets a solid review as well.