iFit is included too. iFit lets you virtually experience not only the Boston Marathon route, but also any course that you create using Google Maps technology. Rainy days aren’t a problem when you can replicate a your favorite outdoor course indoors! iFit also lets you race against Facebook friends, download personalized workouts, and virtually workout with physical trainers.
What’s the difference between the Boston Marathon Treadmill 3.0 and the Boston Marathon Treadmill 4.0? The 4.0 includes SpeedRing technology. This hands-free speed control works with Bluetooth technology. Serious trainees might think it’s worth the extra $1,000.
What We Like:
- Assembly Included: Assembly is included with the purchase price. Getting your treadmill assembled by others will certainly save you quite a headache.
- Marathon Workouts: Training programs on the Official Boston Marathon Treadmill 3.0 were designed with help from the Boston Athletic Association’s coaching staff. Four-month and five-month marathon training programs are included for beginner, intermediate, and advanced runners.
- iFit Included: iFit is the industry-leading workout technology that’s available on certain treadmills in homes with wireless Internet. It can tap into Google Maps in order to simulate the hills and valleys of actual terrain. Plus, iFit lets you exercise with the virtual help of Jillian Michaels, race against Facebook friends, download new workouts, and more.
- Incline & decline: Boston Marathon Treadmills have 20% inclines and 6% declines. These not only help you practice for specific outdoor routes, but also boost your metabolic rate and muscle toning.
- Top Speed 15 MPH: This treadmill has a top speed of 15 mph! Most treadmills have an upper limit of 10 or 12 mph.
- Cadence Coach: To help you keep your desired pace, a Cadence Coach is included. This is essentially a digital metronome.
- Track: You’ll appreciate the roomy workout surface. The Marathon Treadmill track measures 62″ x 20″ that is great to handle longer strides.
- On/Off Cushioning: This toggle feature lets you take advantage of Runners Flex Impact Control cushioning. Leave it switched off to run on a more asphalt-like surface.
- Touchscreen Console: Official Boston Marathon Treadmills have 10″ full-color touch-screens with Android. Read the news or check email during workouts. You can also use Google Maps Street View while you run.
- Motor: Train as hard as your want thanks to the powerful 4.25 CHP motor. It’s designed to operate quietly and last a lifetime.
- Two Fans: Two 8″ fans are built-in to keep you cool.
- Audio: This treadmill is compatible with smartphones. Audio streams through 3″ speakers made by Intermix Acoustics.
- High capacity: This machine has a maximum user weight capacity of 400 pounds.
- Good warranty: The Marathon Treadmill warranty includes lifetime coverage for the frame and motor, six years for parts and electronics, and three years for labor.
Official Boston Marathon Treadmill 3.0 - Key Specs:
|Incline:||-6 to 20%|
|Running Area:||20" x 62"|
|Top Speed:||15 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||400 LBS|
|Dimensions:||74" L x 37" W x 64" H|
|Built-In Programs:||Onboard Marathon Training|
- ProForm Customer Service: ProForm customer service gets lots of criticism from customers. Complaints are usually associated with ProForm’s cheaper exercise bikes and treadmills. These issues aren’t as likely with a premium product like the Official Boston Marathon Treadmill.
The Official Boston Marathon Treadmill 3.0 is one of our favorite machines on the market. Marathon training couldn’t be easier and more effective (unless you upgraded to the 4.0 with wireless speed control, of course). This treadmill is loaded with high-quality components, entertainment options, and workouts designed especially for marathon runners. If you are planning to train for a marathon, few machines will get you in fighting shape like this one.