Woodway tracks are unique. While typical treadmill track is a single loop of material, a Woodway track is comprised of individual vulcanized rubber slats. The patented Slat Belt is extremely durable (built to last ten times longer than others) and it absorbs impact so effectively that Woodway treadmills are considered luxury rides. The workout space on the 4Front is sized to accommodate anyone, measuring 22″ x 68″ (55 x 173 cm).
The Woodway 4Front treadmill’s competitive warranties are a testament to its durability. The drive, motor, and belt are under warranty for five years. The electronics and other components are protected for three years. The hospital version of the 4Front treadmill carries a four-year warranty on all components. Regardless of the warranty package, labor is free during the first year of ownership.
What We Like:
- High Speed, High Capacity: The Woodway 4Front is sized to fit all walkers and runners. It has an exceptionally spacious track with a 22″ x 68″ surface area. The base model for the Woodway 4Front can reach 12.5 mph and the machine can be upgraded to support up to 18 mph. For speeds under 4 mph, this cardio trainer has a user weight limit of 800 pounds. For higher speeds, it has a user weight limit of 400 pounds.
- Choice of Displays: Customers can choose between three workout displays. The basic Personal Trainer display has a colorful menu screen and multiple LED windows to monitor distance, time, pace, METs, speed, incline, and heart rate. The 4Front View display has an embedded 19″ HDTV and LED data windows. The television has remote control and does not require a separate power source. The third display is called 4Front Interact. It has a touchscreen display, lets members track their data wirelessly, and delivers entertainment powered by Netpulse (including on-demand TV shows, music videos, digital fitness events, and more). This monitor also lets clubs deliver custom media content.
- Low Impact Belt: Woodway treadmill belts (patented as Slat Belts) are composed of interlocking slats of vulcanized rubber instead of continuous material. They provide exceptional shock absorption that’s scientifically proven to reduce the risk of injury to sensitive joints, connective tissues, and muscles.
- Long-Lasting: Woodway treadmill tracks can serve for about 150,000 miles before replacement is recommended. That’s about ten times longer than the average treadmill track. This is made possible by their vulcanized rubber construction and nearly frictionless gliding system.
- Low Maintenance: Woodway treadmills are virtually maintenance free. The 4Front track belt never requires waxing or tension adjustment. Just like the track, the deck will hold up for 150,000 miles without maintenance. The 4Front treadmill is compatible with CSAFE fitness communications and can be networked for usage monitoring.
- Incline Choices: The standard 4Front treadmill model has a maximum 15% power incline. It’s also possible to upgrade the 4Front to max 25% incline.
- Workout Variety: The machine arrives loaded with 10 preset workouts and fitness tests. Users can also save up to 99 customized workouts.
- Wireless Heart Rate Receiver: This treadmill is compatible with chest straps for wireless heart rate monitoring.
- USB Port: A USB port is provided for exporting data and charging devices.
- Reverse Motion: This treadmill is available with optional reverse motion.
- Hospital Option: The Woodway 4Front is available with hospital-grade circuitry. The hospital version of this unit includes reverse motion and a four-year warranty on all components.
What We Don’t Like:
- High Price: The 4Front costs more than other commercial treadmills. However, it will probably never need to be replaced. So the cost might be justified depending on your needs.
The Promotional Video of the Woodway 4Front Treadmill
The Woodway 4Front is one of the most durable treadmills on the market. Brilliantly engineered, it is energy conscious yet still delivers exceptionally smooth cardio training to people of all sizes and at all skill levels. The standard model includes a nice variety of preset workouts and fitness tests, plus it can store up to 99 personalized workout routines. Options such as a 19″ HDTV, Netpulse linking, and hospital-grade circuitry make the Woodway 4Front a top contender for a diverse range of shoppers seeking high-quality cardio equipment. This is one of the best machines on the market and priced accordingly. Don’t even consider it unless you’re prepared to pay top dollar.