Just like the 3.0AT, the 3.1AT (or 3.1 for short) is a sturdy folding treadmill. Its drive motor is 2.75 CHP, its high speed is 12 mph, and its incline is 15 degrees.
What We Like
- Heavy Weight: Weighing about 250 pounds, this model has a 325-pound capacity. (The 3.0 has a 350-pound capacity.)
- Strong Motor: The 2.75 CHP motor is strong enough to support long runs. It has a lifetime guarantee.
- Workout Variety: The preset modes are Manual, Speed Intervals, Peak Intervals, Stamina Builder, Weight Loss, Golf Course, Foot Hills, and Mountain Climb. Trainees also get space to save two custom programs. (The Golf Course workout and custom programs aren’t offered on the 3.0.)
- Incline: A 15 degree incline on the 3.1AT helps people tone different muscle groups and burn calories more efficiently. (The 3.0AT has a 12 degree incline.)
- Heart Rate Monitor: Full contact grip and wireless heart rate monitoring systems are included. (The 3.0 is wired for wireless telemetry but lacks the required chest strap.)
- MP3 Player Port, Speakers & Shelf: Workouts are easier with music and PodCasts. The AFG 3.1 treadmill has a jack, a shelf, and premium speakers. (The 3.0AT doesn’t have speakers, just an outlet and shelf.)
- Warranty: Advanced Fitness Group includes lifetime protection on the motor and frame. Customers choosing this model also get three years of parts coverage and one year of labor. (Those who buy the 3.0 get five years of parts coverage.)
What We Don’t Like
Criticizing this affordable and durable treadmill seems like an ungrateful move. That said, some customers might be put off by the machine’s bulk when moving day arrives.
Advanced Fitness Group’s 3.1AT treadmill is highly recommended for home gyms. Compared with other discount treadmills it has a high weight capacity and a generous warranty. It also has an incline, audio entertainment, and a very good range of training programs. Our overall review: If you’re shopping for a budget treadmill, choose the 3.1AT or at least add it to your list of finalists.