Cybex 790T Review
Just as advertised, the Cybex 790T is a “performance plus” club treadmill built for serious walkers and runners. This well-equipped workhouse leads the fitness industry with a top speed of 15.6 mph, and it leads the Cybex treadmill collection with a steep maximum incline of 20%. Its impressive list of standard features continues with everything from advanced cushioning to a touchscreen console. Additionally the Cybex 790T Treadmill is available with virtually any frame color and an optional 15″ entertainment system. Long warranties protect this purchase in residential and commercial settings.
Club managers will appreciate this treadmill’s low maintenance design. Light vacuuming is recommended and the belt should be changed every 15,000 miles. Labor is free during the first three years of ownership, and parts are guaranteed for five years (or seven years in a home setting).
What We Like:
The 790T is Cybex’s top treadmill. It has everything from industry-leading basics to enticing extras. Here are some of its selling points.
- Powerful Motor: Designed with intense running and long walks in mind, the Cybex 790T Treadmill houses a quiet motor with a peak 5.0 HP. This is one of the most powerful treadmill motors available.
- High Speed: The 790T is one of the fastest treadmills on the planet. It supports a high speed of 6 mph. For comparison, most other treadmills top out at 12 mph.
- Track for Runners: The Cybex 790T Treadmill has a 22″ x 60″ running surface. The track is long enough for almost any runner, plus it has extra width. (Standard treadmill tracks are 20″ wide.) Comfortable safety rails are included too.
- Automated Incline: This treadmill has the steepest incline in the Cybex collection. The maximum 20% incline (versus 10% and 15% on other units) is favored by walkers who want an additional cardio challenge and an increased opportunity for fat burn and muscle toning.
- Cushioning: The 790T and other Cybex treadmills feature special cushioning inspired by the best running shoes. Called IS3 Intelligent Suspension, it effectively absorbs shock to help promote endurance and prevent injury.
- Heart Rate: Contact and wireless heart rate monitoring are supported.
- Programming: The default monitor, called CardioTouch™, is a 4.3″ touch screen display. It’s a single command center for exercise programs and entertainment, and it offers a choice of world languages. Here a club member can easily set up a workout and also charge and control an iPhone®. The preset workout programs are varied and numerous to help people meet goals for time, distance and calorie burn. There are also six military workouts and a selection of fitness tests.
- Optional High-Tech Entertainment & Workouts: The 790T is available with a 15.6″ monitor to replace the 4.3″ touch screen. Called the E3 View HD, this widescreen monitor offers three distinct viewing modes to fit any trainee’s style: Exercise, Entertainment and Escape. Another optional upgrade is Cybex GO. This digital platform delivers virtual workout environments, music videos, live HD TV and other features.
- Convenience:Speed and incline controls are located on the treadmill’s cross bar, so there’s no need to lean into the console during workouts. Also included for convenience are two large water bottle holders, a magazine rack and a utility tray.
- Safety: A safety lanyard can be used to switch off the treadmill in case of emergency. Cybex treadmills also have a user detection feature called Safety Sentry.
- Color: Cybex treadmills can be painted any color. The Cybex International website gets you started with 15 color suggestions.
- High Capacity: The 790T has a 400-pound user weight capacity.
- Excellent Warranties: The Cybex 790T treadmill is sold with two long warranties. The entry commercial warranty provides five years for parts, three for labor and 10 for the frame. The consumer warranty extends the parts coverage to seven years.
Cybex 790T Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 20%|
|Running Area:||60" x 22"|
|Top Speed:||15.6 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||400 LBS|
|Dimensions:||82.5" L x 36" W x 60" H|
- Price: The Cybex 790T is built to endure heavy use and is backed by a strong warranty. Even so, the regular price of about $8,995 keeps it out of reach for many shoppers.
- Expensive Parts: Treadmills that have a high price tag can also carry a high replacement price. The good warranty on this machine helps but something to keep in mind for years down the road.
Overall the Cybex 790T Treadmill is expensive but performs well in busy clubs and could last a lifetime at home. It gives walkers an extra challenge with its steep incline and lets runners exercise to their limits. The default monitor with touch screen provides a bit of class and access to entertainment, and the upgrade to a widescreen monitor offers a premium exercise experience. If you seek a high-end luxury treadmill, the Cybex 790T is a great choice.