Cybex Treadmill Reviews
Cybex International ranks amongst the world’s leading manufacturers of premium exercise equipment. Their Cybex brand name graces a full range of strength training products and cardio training machines. Their products are generally made in the USA, top quality, and priced accordingly (high). Cybex treadmills are intended primarily for commercial shoppers, but all models are sold with residential, light commercial, and commercial warranties.
The Cybex company culture appeals to many customers. Energy-efficient practices are a priority at their facilities and the company also respects the environment with its water and recycling policies. Customer service is friendly and readily available during normal business hours for the US and UK.
Cybex makes five premium treadmills: the 790T, 770T, 625T, 525T, and the Total Access Treadmill. Proving just how confident the company is in their products, all of these machines offer long warranties for residential, light commercial, and commercial use.
The two treadmills in the 700 series ship with the most advanced default consoles (touchscreen versus LED), but all Cybex treadmills are available with an upgraded 15.6″ monitor and Cybex GO digital programming. Cybex GO provides a variety of benefits including exercise support and HD entertainment.
The Cybex 790T is the fastest treadmill in the pack and has the steepest incline. However, all five models will satisfy serious runners and power walkers. Advanced cushioning and 5.0 HP motors are standard across the line.
A special Cybex machine is the Total Access Treadmill. It’s very similar to the 625T, but has unique features for trainees with compromised vision and other limitations.
What We Like:
- Powerful Motors: Designed for vigorous running and long walks, Cybex treadmills have powerful 5.0 HP motors. The incline motors are powerful too, delivering 1000 pounds of thrust.
- High Speed: The Cybex 790T is one of the fastest treadmills on the market, supporting a top speed of 15.6 mph. The other Cybex treadmills top out at a still impressive 12.4 mph.
- Tracks For Runners: Cybex treadmill tracks are all 60″ long and (with the exception of the 20” 525T) 22″ wide.
- Automated Inclines: All Cybex treadmills have automated inclines. The 790T has the steepest maximum incline at 20%, while the others can reach 15%.
- Cushioning: All Cybex treadmills feature variable cushioning inspired by smart running shoes. Called IS3 Intelligent Suspension, this cushioning has different levels of firmness throughout the track to help promote endurance and prevent injury.
- Heart Rate: Contact and wireless heart rate monitoring are supported on all Cybex treadmills. Most show heart rate data through a color-coded system for quick interpretation.
- Programming: Programming is varied even on the simplest Cybex treadmill.
- Optional High-Tech Entertainment & Workouts: Cybex treadmills are available with a 15.6″ monitor called the E3 View HD. This high quality widescreen monitor offers three viewing modes to match the trainee’s preference: Exercise, Entertainment, or Escape. The E3 monitor can be used with another optional upgrade called Cybex GO. This is a digital platform that provides virtual workout environments, music videos, live high-def TV programming, and other features.
- Convenience: These club quality treadmills include special attention to detail. Speed and incline controls are located on the treadmills’ cross bars, while each console has two large water bottle holders, a magazine rack, and a utility tray.
- Safety: A safety lanyard can be used to switch off a Cybex treadmill in case of emergency. This brand also has a user detection feature called Safety Sentry. Additional safety features such as high-contrast deck coloring are used on the Total Access Treadmill.
- Color: Cybex treadmills can be painted any color. Depending on the model, 7 to 15 color options are standard. Virtually any other color is available at extra cost.
- High Capacity: These fitness machines have maximum weight capacities of 350 pounds and higher.
- Excellent Warranties: Cybex treadmills have long warranties. The 790T, for example, has an entry commercial warranty providing five years for parts, three for labor and 10 for the frame. The consumer warranty extends the parts coverage to seven years. The full commercial warranty provides five years for parts, two years for labor, and 10 years for the frame.
What We Don’t Like:
- Price: Cybex treadmills are built to endure heavy use and are backed by strong warranties for any setting. However, they are among the most expensive treadmills on the market.
Cybex treadmills are among the best treadmills available. They are a top choice for shoppers who have larger budgets and a craving for long-term satisfaction. If you seek a reliable luxury treadmill for your home or fitness center, then Cybex might be your brand. If you need to save money, steer clear. Other than that, we recommend these treadmills to just about anybody.