InMovement Treadmill Desk Review
The InMovement Treadmill Desk can be a handy workstation for adults of virtually all heights. During a “test walk” we were impressed by its easy adjustability; the desktop is power-adjustable and designed for users from 4’10” to 6’6″ tall. This sturdy work surface measures about 40″ wide by 32″ deep, which is pretty roomy, and for convenience a power strip for work equipment is built into a small back wall. This desk treadmill is also office-friendly with its silent motor. The machine’s overall design looks like brushed nickel and pinewood, which can blend nicely into modern offices and home gyms.
Just like traditional treadmills, the InMovement (who is a sister company to Life Fitness) Treadmill Desk offers superior shock absorption compared with asphalt, pavement or grass; it’s built with a patented deck that absorbs up to 30% more impact. Here you can walk for hours without feeling stress in your knees, hips and other joints! By strolling instead of sitting as you work, you can burn an estimated three to five times more calories. You can also avoid the risks of being sedentary. For motivation a simple screen that’s flush with the desktop indicates how far you’ve walked and gives other session feedback.
Unlike treadmills built for health clubs, this workplace model doesn’t include exercise routine programming. Trainees can track their distance covered and other basic data with an LED screen.
This product is built for regular use in commercial environments. It carries a three-year parts and motor warranty and a seven-year frame warranty. If labor is needed it’s free during the first year of ownership.
What We Like:
- Solid Motor: This treadmill desk has a 3.0 HP Continuous Duty DC motor which is more than plenty to give you what is needed.
- Safety Features: This treadmill has several features to promote safety. Rails along the track are extra wide, which lets people easily step to the side if needed. The desktop has “Pause” and “Stop” buttons. It’s also built with small children and pets in mind; if the user steps away from the track, the treadmill will safely come to a stop.
- Max Weight Capacity: The InMovement Treadmill Desks supports up to 350 pounds.That’s a typical weight capacity for health club treadmills. The machine itself weighs about 250 pounds.
- Adjustable Height Workspace: Electronically adjustable, the desktop is designed to comfortably fit virtually any worker. The manufacturer recommends it for people from 4’10” to 6’6″ tall.
- Spacious Workspace: The thick desktop is sturdy and roomy. It measures 31.4″ deep x 40″ wide.
- Workout Feedback: A small screen built into the desktop shows the time elapsed, number of steps taken, miles walked and speed. We’d like to also get heart rate info and an estimate of calories burned, but trainees can get these data in other ways.
- Warranty: The warranty is competitive for commercial fitness equipment. The manufacturer provides seven years of coverage on the treadmill frame, 3 years on the motor and parts, and 1 year on labor.
What We Don’t Like:
- Price: The InMovement Treadmill Desk retails for about $4,500. While it is a light commercial machine and is made with high quality components this is an investment. It will definitely serve you many years without needing maintenance.
- Workout Area: The InMovement treadmill desk is designed for walking, not running. Its track is the industry’s standard width (20″) but is rather short at 48″. If you’d like to sprint indoors, then this isn’t your best treadmill choice. Treadmills built for runners typically have 60″ tracks.
- Low Speed: Meant for walking rather than running, this treadmill doesn’t support high speeds.
- Simple Design: Simple design could be a plus or a minus. Since this is a treadmill for the workplace, it makes sense that it’s streamlined and doesn’t include engaging workout programs. As mentioned above we’d like to get feedback about calorie burn and heart rate though. A track incline would also be a useful feature.
If you’re seeking a high quality treadmill desk to fit almost any worker, the InMovement Treadmill Desk is an ideal choice. The only thing that is really tough to swallow is the price, which depending on your needs may not be justifiable. It’s reliable, extremely well-built, operates quietly and can serve multiple users per day. This treadmill isn’t sized for running but offers a comfortable way to walk yourself to lofty goals for both work and fitness.