Landice L770 Pro Trainer Review
This impressive treadmill body is available with four console options. The simplest console is the Pro Trainer reviewed below. See our other Landice reviews for the Executive, Sports, and Cardio Trainer consoles.
What We Like
- Simple Console – The Pro Trainer is the simplest console made for the L770. It features an easy-to-use, high-definition, two-color display and can show workout data in English and metric units. Five preset workouts are included and there’s space to save two user-designed workouts. Heart rate control workout programs are not available for this model, but a wireless heart rate monitoring system is sold separately.
- High Quality Treadbelt – The Landice L770 Treadmill has a 58” treadbelt to let all but the tallest runners reach a full stride. The belt is made to endure: with four layers and large rollers, it can endure thousands more hours of use than can a single-ply or two-ply belt with small rollers. Furthermore, the L770’s belt is maintenance-free. Cheaper treadmills often need to be lubricated at home to run smoothly and quietly.
- Incline – The track can incline 15% to help simulate road running and provide more challenging workouts.
- Powerful Motors – This model houses an American-made 4.0 CHP drive motor. The motor supports a high speed of 12 mph and can operate at top speed (5 HP) for 15 minutes without overheating. The L770 also has a powerful secondary motor for the incline. With 1,000 pounds of thrust, it provides smooth elevation and declination even at top speeds.
- iPod Pocket – A special iPod-sized non-slip pocket is built into the console for convenience.
- High Capacity – The Landice L770 Pro Trainer Treadmill has a 400-pound user capacity. It weighs 290 pounds and measures 34” wide by 76” long.
- Excellent Warranty – Owners of this home cardio trainer get a lifetime warranty on the entire machine plus a year of labor. That’s an industry-leading warranty package.
What We Don’t Like
The only apparent drawback to the Landice L770 Club frame is its large size. Measuring 75” long and almost 3 feet wide, it would overwhelm some people’s workout areas.
The L770 Pro Trainer Home Treadmill is one of Landice’s least expensive treadmills, but it has all the hallmarks that have earned Landice its good name: a powerful motor, a lifetime parts warranty, excellent cushioning, and more. While the Pro Trainer console is relatively simple, it has enough programming to satisfy most users – especially when there’s the distraction of an iPod, a good book, or a TV in the room.